• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New seat slider - need bolt and nut size help

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
I was in the process of putting a new seat slider on the passenger side yesterday and ran into a problem of not having any original (or any really) nuts that would fit on the new search slider stud bolt. The directions say to use the original nuts from the seats. My original seats were long gone by the time I bought the jeep.

Anyway, does anyone know what the original size and thread the seats used? Anyone else bolt on the Rugged Ridge seat slider?

I think they may be 8mm x 1.5 threads, but this size seems hard to come by.

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
I would be surprised if they are metric but for what its worth standard thread pitch for 8mm is 1.25 and fine pitch for 8mm is 1.0.

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
I would be surprised if they are metric but for what its worth standard thread pitch for 8mm is 1.25 and fine pitch for 8mm is 1.0.

I tried the 8mm 1.25 and it was a no go. I have not found 1.0 nuts around here.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Which bolt or nut are you referring?

I assume it is not the seat to slider bolts? Those are these:

D641BDDD-17F9-4DBD-AE7E-B239CC873D06.jpeg

9B0F0814-BC39-4CD7-B217-FC43D523B73E.jpeg

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
If it is the slider to seat risers:

569BB9C2-898F-47EE-B79D-58A82DA063D3.jpeg

49F236FF-2EFA-4CCD-A3B3-02083C105830.jpeg

OGRES

Ramblin' Wreck
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Suwanee
State
GA
If it is the slider to seat risers:

View attachment 69723

View attachment 69722
Awesome!

I think this is what I was looking for.

It would be the nut for the seat to the riser. My jeep didn't come with factory seats this time. I put in a set of Smittybuilt high back adjustable seats and had them bolted in with the 5/16 bolts. I reused the stock slider on the driver's side and didn't have any problems. I wanted to add a slider to the passenger side so I went with the Rugged Ridge slider. I tried fitting the 5/16 nuts I had at the house and they didn't want to fit. I took the slider to the hardware store and tried every variation of 5/16 and 8M nuts and nothing seamed to be right. I am guessing that the powder coat on the slider stud was a bit thick and that was giving me some trouble. I might just have to get the 5/16 nuts and work on the powder coat some.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Get a 5/16-24 die or thread chaser and clean the powder off. Then hit it with a light coat of black paint.