New side rails. (home built 101)

1crazy-jeeper

What's a scrambler?
Check out these side boards. 1x6 oak with a simple rounded edge and lots of polyurithane.
The real trick was the rear mounting brackets. I got a piece of 1" flat steel and bent it into a z shape. The steel won't rot away like to original wood does and looks much nicer.

Last edited:

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
NICE JOB!

Looks great,nice job!-JC:D

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
That's real nice, I bet you could sell a couple of those setups on here to folks who like that stock look...

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Looks great

Dog ear those corners and use a router for a "V" groove and your looking awesome!

Truck

City
Louisville
State
co
You know I think that is one of the Coolest things about our old Jeeps. You can just go to the shop and make new stuff to put on the old Jeep that makes them look like new again or different without worrying to much about what the wife is going to say.

Nice work! Looks clean and neat!!

TK

VinnyM

Rolling work in progress
City
Martinsville
State
NJ
tom keyes said:
.....without worrying to much about what the wife is going to say.

Nice work! Looks clean and neat!!

TK
As long as she can't see through the floor....she's happy...:D

Nice, they look great!

jscherb

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Elmira
State
NY
Here's what I did to mount my home-built side boards. My Scrambler didn't have mounting holes in the side of the tub, and I didn't want to drill any, so I mounted a vertical post to the slanted bracket in the tub as shown in attached photo.

1crazy-jeeper

What's a scrambler?
That looks really nice. Who did your bed liner? I've debated doing it myself. Even bought the Rhino at Menards when it was on sale, but every one I have spoken to say's the stuff fades and looks like junk after a few months.

jscherb

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Elmira
State
NY
The bed liner was there when I bought it. It is pretty nice. Even if the guy told me who did it, I doubt I'd believe him though, because he outright lied about a number of things about the vehicle.