New to me '82 Scrambler

OGRES

Legacy Registered User
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
I have been without a Scrambler since March 2011. Today I brought home my second CJ-8 that have ever owned. I turned down this Scrambler once but the PO dropped the price to a Pont I couldn't pass up. It definitely has a couple of issues to clear up and will take a few dollars to do it but I am extemely happy to have a Scrambler again. 00M0M_4KDOyLs5mh4_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_iaTS2Osa6Re_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_1YHOc97bFns_1200x900.jpg

00909_gOb9kHZmEPY_1200x900.jpg

20180919_175355.jpg

OGRES

Legacy Registered User
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Thank you all. I will be making some changes over the next few months. It should be fun.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
That is a nice looking cj8. Looks pretty clean.

OGRES

Legacy Registered User
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
I have done a few things over the past year. I still have a lot left to do. Right now, I drive it every chance I get.

The following is a list of things that I have done so far. Some are more cosmetic than others, some have been to make it more practical for my family.

In no particular order:

I replaced the old headlights with ones from KC. They aren't anything too special, but they are much better than the ones I had. I replaced all of the other front end lenses as well.

I took the hardtop and bulkhead off and replaced them with a full length Bestop SuperTop. I got the two piece (now really one piece) doors to go with the top as well.

I replaced the worn our seats with new reclining seats from Smittybuilt. I had these replacement seats in my last Scrambler and I liked them alot. They do sit higher than the originals though. I added a slider to the passenger side as well.

I added a rear fold and tumble seat from Bestop in the back and added new lap belts. On a tip from another forum member, I found a Safe Rider harness that replaces a traditional car seat for my daughter. She was 5 when we got it (now six) and she fits in it great. I have been very happy with that product.

I added new front seat belts as well to replace the beat up ones that were there. They work much smoother and don't have any nicks in the webbing.

I replaced all of the mirrors as well. The side mirrors are from Quadratec. They are not as sturdy as the original mirrors, but they are more functional and look much better. The rearview mirror had fallen off countless times, so I replaced it with a generic one from the auto parts store. I couldn't be happier with it.

I replaced the old glove box with a new plastic one so it is actually useful now, which is nice.

My starter crapped out on me and left me stranded one day, so I replaced it with a much better and beefier one. Just a standard unit for a GEN 1 Chevy 350. The new one was much bigger than the old one, but it bolted right up and hasn't given me any problems at all.

I had the brakes serviced and ended up getting some new rear axle seals in the process. My brakes are still pretty hard, but it is driveable. I think the booster or the proportioning valve may need to be replaced.

I added a custom mount for my rotopax toolbox and 2.5 gallon gas can as well.

That is the list of things that I have done so far. I have a pretty good list of things that I will need to get done this year.

That list includes:

Fixing the brakes, replacing the power steering pump and gearbox, replacing the headers and mufflers, replacing the automatic gear shifter, one piece axles and ring and pinion gears so I can drive faster than 65 MPH, and maybe down sizing the tire size.

In the meantime, I am just going to enjoy the hell out of it.