Newbie from Oz .. Cj8 photos

City
Wellington
State
OZ
Hi .. Congrats on a great forum ... I have 12 or so jeeps but unfortunately no cj8s but am interested in all thing jeep...I have some photos that might interest you guys they could be a repost so sorry in advance ...

This is a friends cj8 Laredo with world cab she has owned it for along time I have been on to her to post a pic on here for ages .. It's all original except for the wheels .. It's very clean I have only ever seen 3 of these down here in the Laredo package ..

Old Overlander magazine

City
Brisbane
State
QL
Hi .. Congrats on a great forum ... I have 12 or so jeeps but unfortunately no cj8s but am interested in all thing jeep...I have some photos that might interest you guys they could be a repost so sorry in advance ...

This is a friends cj8 Laredo with world cab she has owned it for along time I have been on to her to post a pic on here for ages .. It's all original except for the wheels .. It's very clean I have only ever seen 3 of these down here in the Laredo package ..

Old Overlander magazine

I want that so much it hurts! Does she have any interest at all in selling?

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Thanks for sharing the photos. Nice front bumpers on the Overlanders. And the side steps on the Laredo go well with the front bumper. Always nice to see the parts unique to the Overlander.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
From what I've seen the Laredo exports had Laredo on the hood instead of us having Scrambler on the hood.

City
Wellington
State
OZ
I want that so much it hurts! Does she have any interest at all in selling?
Hi Buzz..Im not sure but will let her know

That Laredo is beautiful. Welcome!
Thanks gr8 ..yes its well cared for

Thanks for sharing the photos. Nice front bumpers on the Overlanders. And the side steps on the Laredo go well with the front bumper. Always nice to see the parts unique to the Overlander.
Thanks Kim no probs ..will post a few more of the interior..Yeh it looks like the side steps was something Jeep Aus put on the Laredo Overlanders only to match there front bumper

Was the Laredo on the hood an export option only?

Karl
Im not really sure ..Its probably something Jeep Aus put together ..Its an 8/84 model(close to when Jeep aus was nearly finished up) So jeep aus probably had some Overlanders they couldn't sell and some left over Laredo options and threw them together ...I have only ever seen them in Australia but they could be elsewhere ??

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Mate that really is special. I've never seen Italian Purse in that colour

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I have some photos from back when I was pursuing mine of this jeep and 2 others in the exact same color all parked together I believe. A Laredo export cj8 is truly and incredible piece And this one is likely the best one left IMHO. The color you see there is common not necessarily common but it's a 1984 only color which makes sense for an Overlander and it's called cinnamon metallic. the interior would be the final year of "nutmeg" which was here in the states those years also. :drool: :bow: Thanks for sharing these are the best photos I've seen of this jeep to date :thumbsup:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I've seen more pics of that Laredo Overlander online. I don't remember where I found them exactly but I saved them. There was also a "twin" with it that had the original wheels.

Laredo Overlander 1.jpg
Laredo Overlander 2.jpg
Laredo Overlander 3.jpg
Laredo Overlander 4.jpg
Laredo Overlander 5.jpg
Laredo Overlander 6.jpg
Laredo Overlander 7.jpg
Laredo Overlander 8.jpg
Laredo Overlander 9.jpg

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Floor shift automatic like a Postal! Awesome aftermarket air conditioning!Aftermarket center console, but still has room for emergency break! Even has Laredo badge on glovebox!

And that rearend! the interior tub walls are carpeted! A Scrambler (Overlander) rollbar pad! And the bumperettes are complete and still there!

I'm in heaven.