barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I have a NOS Jeep steering wheel. I plan on trying to sell it soon but would like help identifying exactly what it would fit and the actual color, other than red. I got it probably 18 years ago with a "set" of NOS side boards and some wiring harnesses. Set is in quotes as they are both the same side(seller did not realize it)Thanks for any info.
1441581108336.jpg
1441581134680.jpg

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
The steering wheel will fit 76 to 95 Jeeps . . . CJs, Wagoneers, Cherokees, Wranglers . . . most any Jeep in that era. It's the horn button that zeros in on what it was intended for. It could be the garnet color. Not sure what other red colors Jeep used were called. Very rare wheel for sure. If there is one seam in the leather at the bottom spoke, then it is probably from the AMC era. If there are two seams, at about 4 and 8 o'clock, then it's probably in the 87 up era. I just finished stitching up the spokes on one of these wheels in nutmeg this evening. I sold the first nutmeg wheel I did on ebay. I've got slate blue and black wheels on ebay right now. Whatever era your wheel is from, it's a rare find and someone out there (maybe CB) would be thrilled to have it. It'll be a cold day in hades when another NOS red wheel shows up. Hope you find the right buyer.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
As Kim said, if it is Garnet and original, I would be very interested in it for the Scrambler.
I have one similar, but in rougher shape.

Do you have the horn button?
Also, if you could do it outside in some natural light, it would show better what color it is... that lighting makes it tough.

Also the stiching, is it on the bottom at 6 oclock position?

cb

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
south central
State
AK
I think there was another red color other than garnet that was used in FSJs. I wouldn’t 100% count on this one being for a CJ.