CJeep

Scrambled
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Ok, so this one is a little odd for me. This was found in my grandmother's home after she passed about a year ago (while it does make me sad, she lived, in perfect health until a massive stroke, for 97 years).

This clearly has never been worn, and it has no tags. I guess it could be homemade, but it's very tightly knit, like machine made, and there is no way Gertie knitted it. Looks homemade, but feels mass produced.

Odd that all of the vehicles look boxy, ie: no CJ's represented, of course they could pass for hard top Scramblers, but who knows.

While I have a large assortment of Jeep and Scrambler clothing, I just don't ever see myself wearing it. Maybe I could mat it and hang it in the garage, but that seems silly.

Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
No, never seen anything like it but I would TOTALLY wear that!!!! :drool:

WAY too cool!

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Absolutely, that is genuine AMC / Jeep wear. Sam the boy had one when he was a kid. It's still around here somewhere. I want to say that is circa 1987. That's when we got our first Cherokee (XJ). The dealer thought the poor little boy's head looked cold and tossed him one.:thumbsup:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Absolutely, that is genuine AMC / Jeep wear. Sam the boy had one when he was a kid. It's still around here somewhere. I want to say that is circa 1987. That's when we got our first Cherokee (XJ). The dealer thought the poor little boy's head looked cold and tossed him one.:thumbsup:
I immediately got the picture of current-day Sam wearing that and almost snorted coffee...

:rotfl: