Nutmeg 1/2 Soft Top & Doors Needed!!

Splummer

City
Pelham
State
AL
Does anyone have a nutmeg half soft top and doors that they would part with? I have a nos black one that I might trade if needed. Feel free to text me 205-913-2054

Thanks,
Scott

Pebersol

Basic User
City
Perry
State
OK
Scott, Do you have any pictures of the frame of your half soft top? Is it a factory soft top? I have most of a frame but need to know what all I am missing.

Thanks.
Paul

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Scott, Do you have any pictures of the frame of your half soft top? Is it a factory soft top? I have most of a frame but need to know what all I am missing.

Thanks.
Paul
Give me a bit and I'll try to get photos for you.

Pebersol

Basic User
City
Perry
State
OK
These are the parts I have. I can buy the windshield brackets but that is all I have found. I don't Understand how the rear hoop is connected to the rest of the frame. I could fabricate my own frame but I have no idea how the canvas would be fabricated and don't want to make the fab of the canvas more difficult. It would be so nice if I could find some place to fab a top because it would be nice to travel longer distances and have a top than can be removable if needed. I called a place in Colorado that builds Soft tops for Pinzgauer's but I think he was stoned out of his mind when I spoke to him. :)

Attachments

Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Pebersol:
The rear hoop is held in place by some plastic brackets. I believe Kim Dawson is making the re-pops out of bronze - more durable.

Pebersol

Basic User
City
Perry
State
OK
Check out https://www.cj-8.com/threads/oem-levi-blue-1-2soft-top-in-se-pa-950.45439/
It is one I sold and I think it had all the parts. The silver flat parts are to use hard doors with the soft top.
Thank you for the pics. I think I have everything except the brackets. Which I can buy, But my rear hoop isn't quite right because I only have one hole for the pins in the horizontal bars. SO not sure if this is a different part than original. Now to find a place to fab the canvas portion.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Thank you for the pics. I think I have everything except the brackets. Which I can buy, But my rear hoop isn't quite right because I only have one hole for the pins in the horizontal bars. SO not sure if this is a different part than original. Now to find a place to fab the canvas portion.
Each side L/R has one hole, correct? That's the way it should be - the horizontal bar plugs into that hole, the hoop sits just aft of the seats and just fore of the bulkhead.

Edit - looked at your picture, the one side doesn't have a hole, you're right. Might have to punch it, it could be hardware from a different top.

You'll also need the windshield mounts, which Kim also sells.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Kim has the windshield mounts listed in ebay in bronze(may have tub mounts but not listed currently). BRKLYNZ28 has windshield and tub mounts in what I assume is 3D printed plastic.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Kim has the windshield mounts listed in ebay in bronze(may have tub mounts but not listed currently). BRKLYNZ28 has windshield and tub mounts in what I assume is 3D printed plastic.
Currently out of the tub mount brackets but can cast more if asked. Now that the 3D printed ones are out there, I stopped casting more until I need them on my own projects or I get a request for them.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Currently out of the tub mount brackets but can cast more if asked. Now that the 3D printed ones are out there, I stopped casting more until I need them on my own projects or I get a request for them.
Anyone have an idea of the strength of the 3D ? Seen a few items made but never seen it tested