OEM 20 gallon fuel tank - filler and vent hose availability?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Hey Ya'al....figure I would start a post....curious - and a search didnt show what I thought I remembered....wasn't there a company making the 20 gallon hoses at some point? It may have been about 5 years ago...now cant find where any are sold..... aftermarket does for the 15 gal....but still no 20 gallon I see....anyone know? :unsure: Thanks (y)

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
I installed some hoses from MTS a year or so ago. They were (as near as I could tell) pretty exact matches to OEM.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Thanks to you both....I will give them a call tomorrow to check....for some reason they are a business in 2019 that lists zero prices on the website :oops:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I called MTS and they do have both in stock.

81-82 style is about 61 shipped
83-85 style is about 58 shipped

Prices are for both vent and fill hoses...but can also be bought individually

Thanks ya'al for the responses(y)

Rmhavema

Overlander
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Northville
State
MI
Thanks for posting this. I had ordered some a while back but have not installed yet. It appears that I mistakenly ordered a set for a CJ7. Don't trust amazon.com when it says, "yes, this will fit your 1982 Jeep Scrambler". I will be ordering a set from MTS as well....

ag4ever

Basic User
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I called MTS and they do have both in stock.

81-82 style is about 61 shipped
83-85 style is about 58 shipped

Prices are for both vent and fill hoses...but can also be bought individually

Thanks ya'al for the responses(y)
What is the difference between 81-82 and 83-85? Just curious.

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Westport
State
MA
MTS made the 81-82 style from my first Scrambler build (copper brown metallic one). It was a May 1981 build date Jeep per the AMC sticker. I had the original stamped AMC vent hoses with AMC clamps on it when I took them off. I sent them the original hoses and they reproduced them, they still have the originals per their policy. The reproductions fit spot on, so they should be a nearly perfect match for those looking for an 81-82 vent or filler hose. Oh, and I had a 15 gallon factory fuel tank in it, not a 20 gallon. Not sure if they are interchangeable.