• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

OEM Winch Mounting Plate

Doug36912

City
Middletown
State
Ny
Hello Everyone,
I have a Special Equipment winch I would like to put on my scrambler but the person I bought it from had it on a tow truck and the mounting plate is something that was fabricated for that application. I’m figuring on replicating one like the original equipment but there seem to be very few pictures available when I search the internet. If anyone has one, would you please be kind enough to share some pictures from various angles so that I can use them as a reference to create one that is reasonably accurate to the original? Thank you!

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
The frame mounts appear to be the same as a (normal foot down) style winch. If you have a warn mount, you could find any type of 8274 mount and cut it down to work.
I believe Jeep SE mount had the winch oriented differently than the currently available mounts. Shifted to the side or something like that.

Doug36912

City
Middletown
State
Ny
The frame mounts appear to be the same as a (normal foot down) style winch. If you have a warn mount, you could find any type of 8274 mount and cut it down to work.
I believe Jeep SE mount had the winch oriented differently than the currently available mounts. Shifted to the side or something like that.
That’s what I am curious about, just how different it is from what’s currently available 🤔

Doug36912

City
Middletown
State
Ny
The hoop is part of the bumper not the mount.
Definitely, the mount looks pretty authentic to the 80’s style though. I’d be happy with that. Some of the other options I saw seemed quite a bit different. I’m pretty pumped to get it now 💪🇺🇸

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
I have a Jeep special equipment winch that has this winch plate. I was testing fitting in this photo
B2E0295D-D4FA-417D-9484-B9C52DEA0ECA.jpeg

Doug36912

City
Middletown
State
Ny
That’s an attractive mounting plate. Is it OEM? Would you mind sending a picture of it from the sides and back?

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Here is what I have on 2 of my scramblers.

Attachments

• 4F6DA28E-D24E-42A6-856B-8A7BF276421B.jpeg
    4F6DA28E-D24E-42A6-856B-8A7BF276421B.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 23
  • BBC85385-5EDA-4481-8558-C2249EDDD594.jpeg
    BBC85385-5EDA-4481-8558-C2249EDDD594.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 22

generalmoto

City
Chilliwack
State
BC
I Just ordered the Warn mounting plate HighSierra CJ shows on the picture on the left which is,

Warn 11310 - Truck Mounting System - Wn Mtg Kit,Jeep Cj,Blk

Furthermore, I am looking for the Warn Jeep Special Equipment decal for the winch. the ones on Ebay do not ship to Canada and I am currently asking Collins Bros Jeep if they would ship to Canada as well since the decal should fit in a standard envelope. Does anyone here still have a decal to sell?

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
Lifetime Member
City
Merton
State
WI
I Just ordered the Warn mounting plate HighSierra CJ shows on the picture on the left which is,

Warn 11310 - Truck Mounting System - Wn Mtg Kit,Jeep Cj,Blk

Furthermore, I am looking for the Warn Jeep Special Equipment decal for the winch. the ones on Ebay do not ship to Canada and I am currently asking Collins Bros Jeep if they would ship to Canada as well since the decal should fit in a standard envelope. Does anyone here still have a decal to sell?
My brother has shipped his decals to Canada. Just ask and he will set it up for you. Link below.