bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
We've talked a lot of beer, but I don't recall a bourbon thread.

Post just one bourbon per post, include a picture of the bottle and your opinion.

Just bought a bottle of this tonight because it was calling to me from the shelf :drool: and I'm in absolute love. :bow: Mellow and smooth as anything I've ever drank. Cherry and vanilla flavors with the oak finish. It's awesomeness in a glass (with one ice cube). They get bonus points for mentioning drinking it with one ice cube (how I always take mine) in the little booklet around the neck.

Last edited:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
I will give a thumbs up to buffalo trace as well. Toured their facility while working in frankfort, KY about ten years ago. Nice place to visit and they gave a great tour.

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
We've talked a lot of beer, but I don't recall a bourbon thread.

Post just one bourbon per post, include a picture of the bottle and you're opinion.

Just bought a bottle of this tonight because it was calling to me from the shelf :drool: and I'm in absolute love. :bow: Mellow and smooth as anything I've ever drank. Cherry and vanilla flavors with the oak finish. It's awesomeness in a glass (with one ice cube). They get bonus points for mentioning drinking it with one ice cube (how I always take mine) in the little booklet around the neck.

Great Stuff! My step dad got me on this stuff. I mostly just drink it while at his house with a cigar.

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Been a long time dry for me on the cigar front...My brother-in-law founded La Perla Habana, and my wife used to be VP of sorts...she got to do all the RTDA trade shows, worked the booth with my daughter...and I got lots of free samples. But she no longer works for him, and my supply is long gone, and I decided to give it a break. I used to like the "Black Pearl" Gran and Rojo the best.

Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Why is it that I like things with my own name in them?
Well, I was hoping for more of a celebration watching the Yankees... but... oh well.

1018122129.jpg

cb

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Why is it that I like things with my own name in them?
Well, I was hoping for more of a celebration watching the Yankees... but... oh well.

cb
A Yankees fan in NH? Unpossible.

My World Series flow chart:
1. Did the Yankees win?

Yes - sweet.

No - 2. Did the Red Sox win?

No - sweet.

Yes - God %$*# it.

I've only been upset once in my lifetime about the Series. And I thrive on Patriot fan tears, too.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Born and raised in Southern CT, so Yankees and unfortunately Jets... and yes I am hoping for more celebratory Bourbon after Sunday's game... I need an ego boost after that brooming

cb

aclaugh1

Legacy Registered User
City
Epping
State
NH
Woodford Reserve is outstanding bourbon! I don't generally drink bourbon, but Woodford Reserve is so smooth, one of my brothers in arms and I drank a bottle on night (yes, the bottle!) a couple days after I returned from my last trip to Iraq. Highly recommended...in moderation (whatever that means to you). ;)

Last edited:

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Currently having some Four Roses. OBSK recipe. My favorite spicy bourbon. The complete opposite end of the spectrum from the Woodford Reserve Double Oaked.

About to go get a glass of Bulleit now.

Sent from my iPad HD

Last edited:

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Here is what I have been sampling recently. The Jefferson's Reserve has been going fast. Quite tasty.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Here is what I have been sampling recently. The Jefferson's Reserve has been going fast. Quite tasty.

I am a big fan of the Jefferson's Reserve and I also have an Elijiah Craig special reserve from the factory only that my in-laws picked up for me. I only take that out on very special occasions as it was going to fast.

cb

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I've been so nuts with SEMA prep, attending and now pushing out the Fall/SEMA issue of the magazine that I haven't had any real drinks from the collection in a long while :banghead:

I did, however, score an amazing bottle of Smooth Ambler Old Scout from a very generous forum member and good friend. It's all I have in me not to have killed that bottle already. Possibly the best thing I've had since the same friend let me try some Pappy VanWinkle. :bacon:

Haven't touched it in weeks though :(

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Bought this for a family member for Christmas. Made here in Missouri and is amazingly smooth. Yes, it is already half gone!

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Brother in law and sister pulled through in the christmas gift exchange this year.