• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

oil pan

F

freke

does anyone now where i can get or even heard of oil pans specifically made for wheelin. i'm lookin for one that the oil pump can still grab oil from when your off-camber or bouncing all over the place. i recently blew my crankshaft and bearings because the oil pump burned out cause it wasnt suckin any oil. at least thats what the mechanic told me, i dont quite know if thats accurate or not. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx

8to10

If you were going fast around corners you would want a windage tray in your oil pan, but I don't think that will help on extreme of road situations. What you need is either a deep pan and pick-up tube, which will hurt clearance, or an oil accummulator. Moroso makes a 1.5 and 3 qt ones. If the oil pressure drops it feeds the engine oil. The only problem I see it it will run out of oil quickly too. If you are on your side for more than a few seconds it may not help. Those are the options I know of though...

I've had my Jeep way off camber and I just use the regular pan and pick-up as do most people.

W

wiltech

We used a road race plan on our corvettes, this looks like a regular pan with wings on the bottom. There were trap doors the would keep the oil from going into the wings while going around corners. Theses pans also held 8 qts of oil.

I doubt that they make them for AMC motors. I suppose you could buy a small block chevy one and cut and weld to an AMC pan. The accumulator would be a cheaper/easier solution.

Tony