• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

ok, I can't stand it anymore

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
FORUM OWNER
City
Lexington
State
SC
it has bugged me since I put it up there but I just couldn't think of a good catchy name.

the word "Potpourri" and Scrambler have no business even being in the same sentence.

Throw me some suggestions to rename this forum name.

Surprised nobody has not said what the ??? is potpourri about..

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Thank God... it's bugged the crap out of me since I got here.

Scrambler Scramble.

Scrambler eggs and cheese.

General Junk.

I don't care, but it needs to be changed!

kaupke5

SoCal Scramblers
City
Villa Park
State
ca
I have no problem with the term except that it is misspelled (should have 2 rs)
CJK

IN2JEEPN

Basic User
City
wilson
State
nc
I thought I was the only......

I thought I was the only one it bugged!!!

My vote goes to scRAMBLINGS

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Misc.ramblings

I like Misc.ramblings the best. If it reads like the rest it would read; CJ-8 Scrambler Misc. Ramblings. Thus the word Scrambler would already be in it and it would be clear to a new comer that Ramblings is kind of part of the word.

scRAMBLINGS is ok as well but the way it is spelled with the caps is irritating.....lol.

Maybe a simple Scramblings. Or Sc-Ramblings.

Yep I went and looked at the discription under the CJ-8 Scrambler Potpourri and think that Misc. Ramblings fits well.

None really matter to much I dont reacon. We have been getting the point to one another for quite a while under potpourri.

Last edited:

Panther

Scrambler Nut
City
Methuen
State
MA
Whatever you guys decide on is fine by me, as long as it changes.

At first it reminded me of some arts and crafts project my girl would work on, NOT jeeps!
I have gotten used to it but if I had to vote it would be for "scRAMBLINGS".

BIG_Mark

Old Skool
City
Snohomish
State
WA
I like "Scramblings"

but prefer good old "General Chat"

or just plain "Chat"

ANything is better than "potpourri" especially since this ins.t Marthasterwart.com!

:)

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Misc.ramblings
That's cool too, it should be something with general, or misc , etc so it can be a general- misc dumping ground for "everything else"

Dodster

SOA Member
City
Mechanicsville
State
Va
Translation

Potpourri literally translated is "putrid pot". Definately not a word I would associate with our beloved Scramblers. However, the word "potpourri" can be used in the context of "medley, or miscellaneous". So, the usage here would be correct even if it is spelled wrong. Besides "potpourri" sounds so pansy assed yuppified. (No offense to the person who used it here). Again not something I would associate with our bad assed Scramblers or the wrench heads who work on and drive them!!

I like the "scRamblings" idea better.

-Dodd

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Thread Title

It's funny that this came up on the same day my 9 y/o daughter asked me - "Why do they call it Scrambler Potpourri ?".
She didn't think it fit either.

SWIFGRIFF

Breadman
one more vote for scRamblings:cool:

potpourri............ sounds like that stuff you put in a cup to stink your house up with