Omix Body Tub Kit

Mute51

City
Braxton
State
MS
So, just bought an ‘85 Scrambler. Engine is in good shape, but the bed floor has lots of rust. Thinking of going with a body tub kit. Here’s my question: Has anyone bought the full body tub kit from Omix? If so, were you satisfied?

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Much discussion on them here. Do a search and you will find many options and facts on conditions of the tubs members have used.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
So, just bought an ‘85 Scrambler. Engine is in good shape, but the bed floor has lots of rust. Thinking of going with a body tub kit. Here’s my question: Has anyone bought the full body tub kit from Omix? If so, were you satisfied?
General consensus on the board seems to be that it can be made to work; but your looking at a chunk of time (more than just welding in 4 panels) to "fix" all of the things.....

City
Halifax
State
UK
Yes i agree with the above, If you can weld then buy the panels, if its too far gone or uneconomical to do that and you want a steel tub then the MD Juan tub is probably the next best thing, but do not expect a carbon copy of the OEM tub and you must ensure everything fits before painting it!.

Do not expect to buy it,bolt it down and paint it and job done if you do go that route as it wont be that easy!.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
If you can weld then buy the panels, if its too far gone
... then buy an OEM tub off a parted scrambler (fixed it for you).

if you can’t weld, the md juan tub is probably not a good option, with all the items needing correcting. Some of which are just as labor intensive as putting in replacement panels from classic.

City
janesville
State
WI
I have a tub, its a bit rough. How much mods are people having to make with MD Juan. Have they really improved like i heard from some of the dealers?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Replacement panels from Classic used on mine. Highly recommend
x2 on classic ent... I have had 2 MD Juan tubs and they were definitely the earlier variety and not recent ones, but they were goign to take a lot of work.
Also, I have had MD Juan one piece replacement floors... 2 of them, 1 was great and 1 has taken a lot of massaging to get it right.

cb