One Man Tub Removal

Wayne

Legacy Registered User
City
Cape Coral
State
FL
I am wondering if just one person physically remove a tub from the frame?
I would like to try to take the tub off this fall - but I’m wondering If I can do it in my own? I’m sure the more people the easier it is. But with the correct tool, can it be done with one fella?. Also - what kind of rotisserie would anyone recommend?
Appreciate it.
Wayne.

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Can it be done with one person? Yes. Is it a fast, easy task? Absolutely not. Will it be better and SAFER with two people? Absolutely.

I did a full size Bronco tub off of a frame by myself once. I undid the body mounts and all plumbing and wiring; jacked up the front of the tub and slid a 4"x4" timber under it; set it down; jacked up the back and slid a 4"x4" timber under it; then set sawhorses under the timbers and did a jack-block-jack-block routine until I could roll the chassis out from under it. It worked okay.....wasn't fast....was relatively safe. Repeated the process backwards to get it back down to the wooden rolling caster jig stand I made for it. Didn't do a rotisserie, as it was just a frame clean up and paint project. I'm sure there are much better suggestions. A-frame gantry is fairly simple to do with lumber too, if you're ambitious enough.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Pulled my tub fairly easily with an engine hoist. Hooked up to the top of the roll bar and one ratchet strap to the rear for stability.

Now, putting it back on once it’s painted might be a different story.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I have done it with an engine hoist plenty of times... a bit tippy, but it works.
I used chains in the seat holes and rollbar holes... if rollbar is still in it, utilize that as a pick point.
I have seen straps from front to back as well with carabiner type holds for a pick as well.
cb

jpnmaine

CJ-8.com Member
City
East Wilton
State
ME
Like to use ratchet straps, not the cheap ones, in four corners. Picks it straight up and very manageable with one person.

Wayne

Legacy Registered User
City
Cape Coral
State
FL
Brilliant - Thanks to all of you for the input. I got some great ideas, I know I can do it on my own now.
Cheers everyone.

City
Toledo
State
OH
I am wondering if just one person physically remove a tub from the frame?
I would like to try to take the tub off this fall - but I’m wondering If I can do it in my own? I’m sure the more people the easier it is. But with the correct tool, can it be done with one fella?. Also - what kind of rotisserie would anyone recommend?
Appreciate it.
Wayne.
I did mine the other day by myself and didn't use any tools,just flipped it over onto it's side