• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

OT: Adoption- We're MATCHED!!!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
If you were around a while ago, I posted to mention that my wife and I were starting the adoption process (here)

Well, without going through too much background, we're doing an open adoption, where a pregnant woman/girl finds us through our agency and contacts us as potential parents for her child. If things go well in the first call, you continue to talk and once everyone is comfotable with each other and the mother gives some basic information to the agency, you match with her which is the most "official" thing that we do until the baby is born and the legal stuff happens.

While this doesn't guarantee anything (either side can "unmatch" at any time for any reason), this is the MOST major step in our adopting a baby. In our case with this birthmother, Stephanie, we feel REALLY great about the situation and she's very very likely to go through with everything.

I don't want to go into a lot of details about Stephanie, so please don't ask, but we are so excited about this that I can't even begin to explain. Stephanie contacted us while we were on vacation in Seattle two weeks ago and we've spent MANY very late nights chatting with her online (she's in SOCAL, the time difference is a beeeyatch) in the last two weeks. Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been around much, mainly only when Stephanie was away from the computer for a short time during our chats :D

The other vital information is that Stephanie is about 4.5 months along and her due date is early October (to be firmed up shortly).

I'd like to thank y'all for your positive thoughts and prayers, they definitely seem to have worked! This is EXTREMEMLY fast for couples in our agency to match! Our counselor here in NC is floored :D We rock! Kate may never let me forget how great a job she did on our website ;)

Oh, Kate and I already have tickets to head out to visit Stephanie and her family the weekend after Memorial Day for 5 days. It sort of makes our trip up to her parents for Memorial Day weekend look kinda piddly... you know? :D

I guess that's it... honestly my head's swimming so much right now that I could be making no sense at all. Had to let my Scrambler buds know though. I decided to hold off on saying anything until this point and it's been killing me not to post about it... I needed to know it was "official" though.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Congradulations!! I hope everything happens and goes as you hope for.

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Cool! We wish you well, as i mentioned before Mary K and i did an open adoption over 6 years ago. We are so glad we did and i have a "wheeling" partner now!

Let me know if there is anything i can help you with.

Phil

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Congradulations

Way to go Eric! Jannie and I will keep you in our prayers until this is all wrapped up and in your arms. ;)

jpdeuce

Basic User
City
Houston
State
TX
Man...that's awesome dood :) I'm really happy for y'all and I hope things go well for the next steps. May God give you wisdom and a heart beyond yourself to know whether or not this is the right step and situation for you and your wife.

That's really cool...congrats.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Congrats Bro............if you need anything or any help you know where i'm at-JC ;)

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
CONGRATS to you and your wife!!!! Wow!! That was fast. You guys must be on cloud nine.

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
Congratulations, Eric!

Being a father is the hardest, yet most rewarding thing you'll ever do! Hope all goes well and the next few months fly by for ya! :)

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Eric, waking up this morning and reading this made for a great day. Congrats my friend. May God continue to guide this process. I know you and Kate are wonderful people and the birth mother couldn't have chosen better.

Truck

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
Congratulations to you and your wife, Eric! I knew from your email last week regarding the event stuff that you must be getting close. I am hoping that everything continues to go in a positive direction for you and Kate.

Later, Ken

txsbill

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Great news Eric!!!

I'm glad it's working out for you guys! I hope it continues to go your way...Do California babies drink regular milk or do they require some sort of Soy milk? :)

like i got room to talk, both my boys had to drink Goats milk as infants....My friends tell me they were genetically predisposed for that.....What do you think they meant by that? :confused:

Seriously though, I'm glad for you guys.....You can be around my kids at Hot Springs and see what you'll be up against..... :eek:

tom82cj8

Scrambler Pro
City
Austin
State
TX
Congratulations.

Some close friends of ours just completed the same process. It sounds like almost the same scenario "matching". They received their son just hours after he was born. They are only a couple of weeks away from the 6 month "gotcha date" where it all becomes official. I am sure you are very excited.

Later,

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
Congrats Eric and Kate!

BigWalton = BigDaddy? (see the "Big Daddy" Adam Sandler movie for some great parenting tips!) :D

Also, if it's a boy, may I suggest "Michael" as a VERRRRY good name! :D :p

Looking forward to hearing more good news from you on this!

-Mike W

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Sounds Great Eric.

I kno wtha tyou two will make great parents. It will be some of the most rewarding times that you have ever had.

BTW, are you aware of what the sex is. Boy or Girl?

Either way you will really enjoy the time.

Look forward to catchign up with you in person.

Carl

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Christiansted
State
VI
Congrats Eric & Kate!!!

We'll keep pulling for you in our thoughts and prayers.

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
Congrats, Kate and Eric. Kate is first 'cause I am sure she will be doing most of the work until the little one is ready to go hard core wheelin' :D

I am glad your prayers have been answered so far and will keep you in them!

Marine-OpLaw

'ANTIQUATED' PackRat
City
Fredericksburg
State
VA
Congrats Eric (& Kate)!!! That's fantastic! So happy to hear such wonderful news. :)

Any idea boy or girl yet? Do you want to know? (Makes pre-delivery preparation much easier when selecting colors, clothes etc.) If a boy, we might be able to 'pass down' some clothes, if you're interested. (FWIW, go easy on the 0-6mos clothes... they grow out of 'em so dang fast, and they really don't do much that young - drink..., pee; eat..., poop; sleep..., cry... [repeat] :p :rolleyes: More friendly advice forthcoming as you get closer!!!! :D

Now...., about names............................ :eek: I'm kinda partial to...... :p :D

CONGRATS Eric & Kate - we're all very happy for you! You're gonna love being parents (most of the time ;) ).

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Marine-OpLaw said:
they really don't do much that young - drink..., pee; eat..., poop; sleep..., cry... [repeat] :p :rolleyes:

And this is different thenwhat you do, how? :eek:

Truck

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Fantastic, Eric! Keep us posted. And remember...no holding back on the pics when the time comes! :p