• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

OT: Official CJ-8.com NFL discussion thread

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
NOTE: I'll delete comments disparaging the NFL on the whole, this thread is for those who enjoy watching and rooting for it. If that's not you, ignore this thread. Good-natured smack talk about other teams/players is fine, but keep it reasonable. I have faith that folks here can manage this fine and I'll nuke the whole thread if not. Fantasy football talk is welcome too.

I'm not sure how we've not had this before (I searched) and I thought it might be fun like some of the beer, bourbon, cooking, etc. threads we have going. This year looks to be heading for some chaos in the playoffs, so it seems like a great year to start, too.

I've been a Ravens fan since they came into existence because we were living there when they came back. Family had season tickets from the start and I was at the first preseason and regular season game that first year. (Vinny Testaverde throwing TDs to Michael Jackson in the old Memorial Stadium with lower level seats not-quite-directly-behind a steel column :rotfl: )

Anyway, I've been living and dying with them this season and I just hope they don't kill me with these crazy games before the season is out. Very thrilled that they managed that win last night, it was a HUGE key to getting where we need to be. I also thank the Titans for knocking the Dolphins down last week before they let their season implode! :cheers:

Being in Michigan, I've adopted the Lions as my NFC team and it's been pretty magical to be up here for the end of last season and this season. So much excitement and pent-up cheering. The sports radio guys keep drawing the analogy to Ricky Bobby in his first interview in Talledega Nights and it's ABSOLUTELY correct. You have half of the fans who haven't seen a playoff win IN THEIR LIFETIME!

im-not-sure-what-to-do-with-my-hands-ricky-bobby.gif

Anyway, as a fan of these two teams, things are getting very, very interesting. So let's hear from anyone else who follows the NFL...

Related: I'm 100% down to do a CJ-8.com fantasy league next season, another thing I don't know why we haven't done. I will run it, it will be on Yahoo. Post up and/or message me and I'll get the list going. Maybe we could set up a private subforum here for those who are in?

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Also, outside of my teams doing well, the one thing I wanted to see this season was for the Jets to be out of the playoffs before Rodgers could manage his voodoo-wax-on-wax-off-black-magic rehab comeback.

I got that this weekend too! :bacon:

Fun fact, as of today Rodgers last completed pass was:
1) an interception
2) to the Lions
3) in Lambeau
4) to knock the Packers out of the playoffs

All I wanted in the offseason was for Rodgers to retire so that would be the last pass he threw in the NFL (I respect the hell out of Rodgers, but I hate that guy.)

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Im hoping for a completely revamped coaching staff for Pittsburgh. Im looking forward to Daytona already this year 🤣

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Im hoping for a completely revamped coaching staff for Pittsburgh. Im looking forward to Daytona already this year 🤣
Yeah, I never want to see the Steelers be better than us, but the way things are going there is just getting to the cancerous stage, for sure.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Sorry Eric, I have been a Dolphins dan since I was 2 years old. Watching them in the early seventies was magical. Then we had the Marino years. Recently, I am just considering games against the Pats and Jets as “our Superbowl”. A season is a success if we could beat either team. This year has been pretty good. Go Tua

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Sorry Eric, I have been a Dolphins dan since I was 2 years old. Watching them in the early seventies was magical. Then we had the Marino years. Recently, I am just considering games against the Pats and Jets as “our Superbowl”. A season is a success if we could beat either team. This year has been pretty good. Go Tua
Sorry for what??

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
I was raised a Redskins fan (Falcons could suck it!) was the motto in my family.

1995 - the year I graduated High School the Panthers came to town. Icing on the cake? I chose UNC-Charlotte for college. Match made in heaven!

I’ll stop now.

will always be a Panthers fan but man it hurts these days

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I was raised a Redskins fan (Falcons could suck it!) was the motto in my family.

1995 - the year I graduated High School the Panthers came to town. Icing on the cake? I chose UNC-Charlotte for college. Match made in heaven!

I’ll stop now.

will always be a Panthers fan but man it hurts these days
I feel for your entire fan base. Y'all deserve better than Tepper.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Browns fans? 🤣
Hey, I'm up here in Detroit territory and was here for the 0-fer season. I'm never going to knock fans who stay loyal through the Dark Times. I do have serious issues with what their team did with Watson, however. Makes me a little ill that they have Flacco now.

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Hey, I'm up here in Detroit territory and was here for the 0-fer season. I'm never going to knock fans who stay loyal through the Dark Times. I do have serious issues with what their team did with Watson, however. Makes me a little ill that they have Flacco now.
True. Flacco is doing pretty well there. Turning the ball over a bit but hes making Njoku look like Mark Andrews.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Flacco's play is the type that age won't hurt, like Brady -- it's all about protecting him.

Accuracy and strength weren't the issue, it was lack of mobility and having to "Flacco-proof" the offensive line every year against a highly defensive conference. After the Super Bowl win in 2012, the team got picked apart and never got back to that level on the O line and he can't win reliably in that kind of situation.

As a Lions fan, it's exactly what's happening here with Goff. Protect him and they're world-beaters. If he gets pressured, it's all over.