CJeep

Scrambled
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Well, I did this a while ago, but just snapped a pic in the garage. I ended up using some LEDs that I think were marketed as curtousy lights. Real cheap. Luckily, the fake headlight in the Hurricane was shaped like a real reflector, and throws some light.

I used two 6v lantern batteries in series for 12v, and a rocker switch on the dash with a tiny LED for when it is on. Batteries are under the front hood.

I did a safe but messy job with the wiring, so I'm not proud, so if anyone wants to see more pics, let me know and I will snap some of the other parts.

It's cool, and my kids love it.

jeffs396

mini Scrambler
City
NE
State
OH
Me Likey Mike! :thumbsup:

My two year old will be ready for that at just about the time yours are through with it...maybe we can have a meet-n-greet G2G in a few years and I'll buy it from you! :cheers:

CJeep

Scrambled
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Ok. Here is a pick of the rocker switch. Sorry the pics are crap.

Here are the batteries under the hood.

Here are the lights. I tried hard to find something that was more "bulb" shaped, but the fake headlight is small, and I did not want to get into mounting a socket, and all that. This needed to be inexpensive, but somewhat rugged. Since they don't get hot, I just used some clear sillycone to mount these.