• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Other good threads and links

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
There are a number of threads for Jeeps/builds that have one of these swaps or other relevant content for this forum as a part of it, but I don’t want to move the entire build thread here. So here are a list of links to them for easier reference.

PM @bigwalton if you know of a good thread to add here!

CJ-8.com threads
@Bad Karma's LS swap, starts on post #109: https://www.cj-8.com/threads/project-azz-dragger.27327/page-6

@Ron84cj’s thread with his LS/AX15 install

Other links

From @Randyzzz

It concentrates mostly on the wiring aspect of the swap, and covers that in depth.

Brandon at LT1swap above does tunes and harnesses, but on Copper I used this place-

Wayne used to be the LS guru on Pirate. His shop will tune your computer for $150, and if you need changes after the initial tune he will do those for free.

Newer engines , (2007- up) are a different deal and I have used speatrech before. John Spears is a great guy, extremely knowledgable and professional. They deal with all generations of LS stuff, I used him to get me out of a programming nightmare when I swapped a 2010 Camaro powertrain into a 1960 Buick Lesabre

Parts sources:
This place has adapter fittings for most everything. Also has the banjo fittings for power steering.

And this place has ALL of the electrical connectors plus more goodies than you can imagine!

For AN hoses, I was really happy with their product. It ended up being only a few bucks more to order pre-made hoses over buying the parts and doing it myself. plus they ship fast.

From @Randyzzz:
Here is an amazingly informative link from ICT Billet .com. Just about every question you could have is answered as far as comparison or parts selection is concerned.

https://www.ictbillet.com/swap-guide/ls-swap-guide.html

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Two of @Randyzzz's build threads with LS swaps, unfortunately most of the pictures in the Copper thread were lost in the Photobucket fiasco.

Meet Red, my 81 Restomod Build

Here we go again. Allow me to formally introduce "Red", my 1981 Scrambler restomod. Some of you might remember I acquired Red with some trading a couple years or so ago. She was going to be spare parts, and I couldn't let that happen. When I met her, she was completely disassembled. So, I sold...
www.cj-8.com

Randyzzz Scrambler Restification Thread!

PREFACE_ Originally the pictures in this thread were hosted on Webshots. Well, those bums decided to close the site down, change the name, etc. Lost the majority of the pictures. I Have attempted to rebuild this thread with all the pictures that I can find. So if for some reason some of them...
www.cj-8.com

Status
Not open for further replies.