• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Painless aint Painless

One ton

Legacy Registered User
City
Fredericksburg
State
Va
Just thought i would throw this out there, Me and luke ( 53d scrambler) got painless kits # P/N 10110 for or jeeps and both had the front turn signals were wired wrong in the kit, what happend was that when you would turn on the right side the left would blink and Vice versa. had to go in and cut the wires and switch them. Should not have to do that for a 500 dollor item. It was only in the front back was ok. :crazy:

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
That's it? I expected to hear a big horror story or something.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
The other thing is one harness is set up for two or three different engine's. so you end up with a bunch of unused wires in the engine compartment and i'm sure one ton will tell you the instructions that come with these kits are superb!

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
That is too bad, I have used about 6 of them without too many issues... but seeing that it was only 2 wires you had to swap, that isn't too bad.

cb

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
The other thing is one harness is set up for two or three different engine's. so you end up with a bunch of unused wires in the engine compartment and i'm sure one ton will tell you the instructions that come with these kits are superb!

Yea I can't complain. Except for the little issue with the turn signals. You can definitely tell they are wired for a broad range of setups, which is understandable. That has actually helped me because mine has a Howell EFI on it so I was able to use one of the many extra wires to power the computer and other things without cutting/splicing.

It's about as "painless" as wiring a car can be.