Paint Job

H2_recovery

Legacy Registered User
City
Sterling
State
Va
Ok I painted my Scrammy this week end and I am really happy with the results.

This picture was with the flares hung with one screw so they may not be straight.

Last edited:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Looks GREAT! :thumbsup: Love the color.

BTW, if you're interested, the red and blue lines on the rims will come off with cottonballs and nail polish remover. I have the same type rims and never cared for those lines. When I came across that tip online I was psyched and it works like a charm without hurting the powdercoat. Just takes some time and elbow grease.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI

BTW, if you're interested, the red and blue lines on the rims will come off with cottonballs and nail polish remover. I have the same type rims and never cared for those lines. When I came across that tip online I was psyched and it works like a charm without hurting the powdercoat. Just takes some time and elbow grease.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI

H2_recovery

Legacy Registered User
City
Sterling
State
Va
I love the color to but these 2 pictures kind of through it off. I will have to take some again today so you can really see it with the Metallic Orange that it is. Not sure about the Roll bar. I am toying to cut the back section out unless someone wants to trade roll bars?

Thanks for the tip on the stripes too I really don't like them either so I will give it a shot.

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Reston
State
VA
I just figured out how to click on a link.:banghead: I like the idea of a roll cage for the back, but that one I would need to modify to fit my needs. I think I will just build from scratch. Thanks.

Last edited:

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
THIEF!!!! lol

Mike!
You nailed it I believe...that is darn close to the color I was thinking...For ME! heehee. Looks great man...can't wait to see it out in the sunshine...! Would you mind sharing paint info with me? Color, type..any part numbers..etc...Thanks!

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Reston
State
VA
BTW, nice paint job, you can paint my Scrambler anytime. Let me know when you want me to bring it down.:thumbsup:

H2_recovery

Legacy Registered User
City
Sterling
State
Va
John what liner did you use on the inside of the Tub?

Now I just need to find a real good deal on a Best top super top!!!

Last edited:
B

bigred1969

Looks great, love that color. That is the same one I have been thinking about (between it and silver). Was talking about it last year with my wife last year and ended up with this for Fathers' Day. Look familiar?

Mike Z

Basic User
City
Parkland
State
FL
Nice paint I am in the process of prepping mine and I never knew how much work was involved.

I went through a lot of work to make a cage, if there are others out there like me who want a cage i'd bet you can make a trade (or come out ahead) if you put the info in the right place. I put mine on because I am putting 2 back seats in and wanted some protection for the kids, and didn't like any of the aftermarket bolt-on kits (nor the price for them). I"m guessing i'm not the only one out there with that idea.

H2_recovery

Legacy Registered User
City
Sterling
State
Va
I will make something different. the cage I have will not let the top fold down. it would need to be completely removed to go topless. I was offering mine up to someone who does not have the know how to weld. I did cut the rear sections out last friday and I installed my new bestop super top to the scrambler. I am very happy with the results.