Parking brake cable comes up short so

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
As most folks find out when they go to a 4 inch lift the left side parking cable comes up short with the spring at full extension. I searched and couldn't find an existing solution that kept the oem integrity of the system. I thought about making a bracket to lower the cable but really all that is required is a longer cable.

I called InlineTube and for an additional $15 over what a stock left side cable costs they're going to fab a longer cable assembly. After thinking it over I decided to just order an entire set, that's all three cables with the longer one, so I didn't have any bias between new and old. To my door is just shy of $180. If I wanted just the extended cable it would be $50 + $15(fab charge) + shipping. I think that is very reasonable. http://inlinetube.com/Brake Cables/brake cable listings/bcables14.htm

When it gets to me I'll post pics on my build thread. I talked to the sales rep briefly about making the longer cable an option for folks with lifted Jeeps.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Interesting, I did not run into any problems with the cables being too short:shrug:

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
Only the short left rear cable is too short.
When I had the 2.5" lift I had no issues either. This time with the 4" BDS springs and no body on the frame the springs are arched at full extension. Also just remembered the shackles offer 3/8" lift.
I'll post some pics in a day or so. I cleaned up the cables and was prepping to install the rear brakes. Maybe the BDS 4" springs set a tad higher but the cable is too short for sure. An unexpected expense but I'mm sure it wont be the last..:crazy:

Last edited: