Parts ID please?

jack

Legacy Registered User
City
Daytona
State
FL
I'm putting my 8 back together after 5 years and can't figure out where a few things go. Anyone give me a hint?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
OK...these are guesses, but the parts look familiar. The part below the pen looks like a starter to block brace, the bottom right corner part looks like a slave cylinder heat shield, and the top right part looks like the frame mounted proportioning valve heat shield.

JEEPTHRILLS

Legacy Registered User
City
State
my only guess is for the one below the pen...looks like the arm off throttle linkage. I would agree with the slave heat shield...the other...its a mystery.

jack

Legacy Registered User
City
Daytona
State
FL
I need to add some info. The jeep is a 84 scrambler, six cylinde,r automatic. Stock.
So no slave heat shield. When I tok it apart I left the engine, trany, Tcase together.
Yes it does look like heat shield from proportioning valve, but I didn't remove the valve, so can't figure that out. Plus what the hell would the pop rivets be for that are in it?
I figure I'm doing good only three extra parts.
Should have taken more pics.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I figure I'm doing good only three extra parts.
No, no....That's the wrong way to look at this. Lots of parts left over, means you have a start on your NEXT Scrambler....:thumbsup:

JEEPTHRILLS

Legacy Registered User
City
State
brain storm...or brain fart

is the "plate" on the right the VIN plate that rivits to the windshield frame behind the wiper motor.

jack

Legacy Registered User
City
Daytona
State
FL
Nope its not the vin plate, but looks a lot like it.
I did figure out the other two. The long one was a brace for old air conditioner pump and the little one held the back of the air unit up under the dash.
I digged the air so long ago I forgot about it. I'm thinking the little plate that looks like vin plate had something to do with air too, but not positive.
Thanks all for the help.

JEEPTHRILLS

Legacy Registered User
City
State
now that you say it...i see the little "L" bracket for the under dash air (DUH!!)...still confused about the other...and I just added AC from a donor rig a few years back...I should know this!!:banghead:

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
either one of ya'll want to part with one of those A/C underdash unit holder upper things? I've got A/C to go in my hunting rig (because I never take the hard top off this particular Jeep) and I was going to rig something up, but a stock bracket would be better....

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
WM 69 I sent you a PM so I can give you the bracket.
THANKS Jack. I got a deal on an AC unit a couple of weeks ago and am going to try to put it in when the days get a little longer. I knew there was a bracket up there, just not sure what it looked like exactly. I PM'd you my address. Let me know if there's anything I can send you in return.