• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Pics of my complete restoration.

colts439

Basic User
City
Ashland
State
MO
These photo's are a long time coming. However, I just got my four tires mounted today and decided to take a few pics of the compleated scrambler. I hope you enjoy. :wave:

Brad

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Looks Really Great!!! Nice job on that.

B

bigred1969

Very nice job, I really like that color combo. What kind of condition was it in before the resto?

fireball_mike

Legacy Registered User
City
J-town
State
ky
AWESOME!!!!!!! I love the color combo, planning on it for mine if I ever get it that far.
Congrates on a beautiful ride

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Wow! That's beautiful! Looks showroom new!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I just drooled coffee slobber all over the keyboard.

That's incredible... you have to tell us more about what you did to that beauty.

colts439

Basic User
City
Ashland
State
MO
thanks guys

well, to say this in the shortest way possible. i have been working on this project for about a year. The jeep was in really good condition when i started. An older man owned it in New York and only took it out on really nice days. It only has 44000 original miles on her. actually, he and his wife took it on sunday drives since it was new. I never really had to touch the interior. The exterior had NO RUST (I know, hard to believe...coming from new york). I will probably contribute that to an undercoating he put on it when it was new. Everything was original when i got it. IT EVEN HAD THE ORIGINAL GOODYEAR FACTORY TIRES ON IT. THEY WERE DRYROTTED, but actually had some tread left. The older gentleman had an origianl oil filter (still stamped AMC) in the center console. This thing was like a time capsule. He had it parked under a carport and the decals were faded. I removed the decals and stripped the paint (also fadded on the passengers side). I had to replace the usual...ball bearings, shocks, spark plugs, rebuild carb, replace water pump, clean radiater, re-upholster the driver's seat, but other than that....its ran and looked real good.

The color combo is HONEY and OLYMPIC WHITE....I personally love the color combo as well. I hunted for a sherwood green....but never found one.

Thanks for the compliments. A lot of time and energy went in to her and even a few busted knuckles! :o

Brad

colts439

Basic User
City
Ashland
State
MO
thanks adam

adam, thanks for the comment. I love your sticker kit. I really do like the older laredo sticker design better than the 85 and 86. I will put the rest of the kit on when i start taking it to some shows. Right now, I like the look with the sides clean. What do you guys think. SHOULD I PUT THE REST OF THE KIT ON OR LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS. Suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Brad

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I'd put them on since you have the start of the kit already. Without any stripes, I'd have said to leave them off.

colts439

Basic User
City
Ashland
State
MO
resto

thanks again guys. I have enjoyed taking it on small trips around town. Still no major problems.
I leave the hoodlight unpluged so I dont jinks myself!!!! I find if everything works...some issue will come up! I LAUGH WHEN PEOPLE SAY....EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT! I have owned enough of these to know better!!! :):D

Brad