Pics: STC CJ-8 Full top with Zip-out Windows!

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
CJ-8.com Member
City
richmond
State
va
Hey guys - I called Specialty Top Company (www.specialtytopco.com) today to thank them for donating a cj-8 top to our National Scramble (and to figure out the details on how to claim it! ;) :cool: ).

Anyway, I talked with Blake Robinson, their Secretary/Treasurer, and he informed me that they now have the design together for the zip out window cj-8 full length fast track soft top! Even though they won't have their website updated for a few more weeks, he sent me a couple of pictures of it for me to post for you guys to see.

They are now producing their other tops with the option of dark tinted windows (31% instead of standard 2% tinting), so although the pictures he sent doesn't show that, I would imagine that may be available, too! :cool:

OK, check out the pics below and remember...STC went all out to support our Scrambler Owners Association...show 'em some love, let 'em know how much we all appreciate and recognize their support for our beloved Scramblers, and buy one or two of these tops!!!! :D

Later
-Mike W

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
CJ-8.com Member
City
richmond
State
va
Scott - I'm not sure, but they probably have zippers under the flap, and then use the velcro to give it a finished look around the edges.

-Mike W

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
City
Lexington
State
SC
Stc

Additionally, I finally was able to talk him into letting me resell them. So, all the STC products will be available in the new store that I am putting online. It should be active within a week or so.

price will be at least as good as direct or possibly better.

Keep in mind if you are ordering one, that they are at least 3 -4 weeks out in production right now. (business is good)

Matt

acorbacho

Basic User
City
Boston
State
MA
Already got one

I already purchased that 2 months ago. I was one of the first to get it. Its VERY nice, as now you have much more flexibility then simply rolling the windows up. He told me that since it was one of his first, there could be problems. I only had one...one of the 3 bars did not have coorisponding snaps on the top. I installed it easily, and if anyone needs help for installing theirs, let me know.
OHh...biggest problem with this top, clipping windows in and out on the car is very hard, as the top is very tight.
Best,
Alex

jpdeuce

Basic User
City
Houston
State
TX
You think that would fit on my flatbed? ;)

I'll definitely be going this route when I get a full body on mine...those look sweet.

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
CJ-8.com Member
City
richmond
State
va
acorbacho said:
OHh...biggest problem with this top, clipping windows in and out on the car is very hard, as the top is very tight.
Best,
Alex
When I want to pull the windows loose from the body on my full length fasttrac softtop (roll up window style), I first release the "tightness" by pushing the rear supports in to their "unlocked" position. That frees up the windows to install/remove very easily, then you can snap the supports back to the "locked" position to keep the top tight.

HTH! :)

-Mike W

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
donaghy said:
Additionally, I finally was able to talk him into letting me resell them. So, all the STC products will be available in the new store that I am putting online. It should be active within a week or so.

price will be at least as good as direct or possibly better.

Keep in mind if you are ordering one, that they are at least 3 -4 weeks out in production right now. (business is good)

Matt

Matt,
Are you saying that it's a 3-4 week wait if we order from them, from you, or from either of you?

Do they/you charge upfront or wait till they/you ship?

Either way, I'll order from you. Just wondering if you were going to keep any in stock.

acorbacho

Basic User
City
Boston
State
MA
When I ordered mine, it had to be made, so i had to wait 3 weeks for actual construction. And that idea to ease tension with the clip out windows...VERY HELPFULL!
Best,
Alex

STC Full Top

Does any one know if this top fits using the original Jeep soft doors which I prefer since they have the extra viewing panel in the bottom. Also I have the original tonneau cover - do all the snaps get removed with the new rail system and then do I have to order a new tonneau to fit the rail system. As well does the metal front box divider have do be removed? Does any one have a picture of the rail system before the top is attached? Is the rear window removable?

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
City
Lexington
State
SC
Stc

yes, this leadtime is the same even if ordering directly from STC. They apparently are just that busy. I don't think they are making up stock right now but maybe they will on off season or something.

For right now, I won't stock anything, but if I can drum up enough business for it, I may stock a few of the common tops and colors. But, for right now, I will just resell them. (don't assume that because I'm reselling, it will be a worse price :+))

2k, responding to your pm..

City
Louisville
State
co
Nice top other then the color, but I will go this route once my current top wears out. Thanks for the post and also thanks Matt for setting up your store where we can buy them.