• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Pictures in 4WD&SU - 2001 SJ Scramble

ibscrmbln

Ken Waters
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Topeka
State
KS
The August issue just out has some pictures and a short article from last years San Juan Scramble written by Mark Werkmeister. On page 102-103 are 2 Scramblers I recognize for sure and 2 others I think I recognize from contributors to this forum. The 1st CJ8 is Mark's who wrote the article and the 4th CJ8 back is mine. I believe the CJ8 behind Mark is CJATE's (Tim) and the 5th CJ8 back may be Danno's (I can only be sure if I see his rear bumper). If I am correct on Dan and Tim's, then their 8's are also pictured on page 104. Harold Off is in the white and pink 8 on 104.

There may be others that contribute here that I did not know at the time.

For those that may have forgotten, this years SJ Scramble will be July 19, 20, and 21. There is no registration. Just show up at the visitor’s center at the West End of Silverton, CO at 8:00 AM any of those days for wheeling with Scramblers on what must be some of the most scenic trails available.

Later, Ken

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Thanks Ken for the info, i'll have to check it out. I'd love to go to that scramble coming up but i doubt i can get away this year. Maybe next year.

See ya on the trails in Kansas!

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Ken,
i'm still planning on being there if clifford performance will ever ship my @#$% parts that i ordered 2 1/2 months ago-i'm sure my neighbor would also love to see me come since it's been in his garage the past two months waiting on the parts-JC:p

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Yeah baby its getting close. I cant wait to go again and see every one again. Thanks Ken I'm gonna go buy the issue to check it out, that would be cool to see my rig in there. The way you can tell if was mine, other than my bumper, is if the top is off. Of the three beige ones there last year I was the only one with out a top.

See ya'll soon............

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
SJ Scramble

If it's still on by then, there is a large fire nearby and many of the national forests are already closed. In fact, the SWFWDA summer quarterly in Fairplay may be relocated/cancelled because of it. Hopefully it'll happen though. Ken's right about the second one being CJATE's, actually it's mine I just let Tim use it :)

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Ken, i just got the issue and saw your Jeep. You're right up there in the thick of things. Thanks again for the info, as i said in my previous post, i'd love to be there, the shots look great. Hopefully next year. Maybe we can ride out there together.