• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Please read this if you have the "Member" badge!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Many of you already noticed that we have upgraded the forum software, which added a number of new features. This was part of moving the forum to a new host that is much more functional and FAST. We are now able to implement upgrades and add-ons and have begun to do so.

In working on things on the back end as a part of all of this, I have come to discover that there are a bunch of paid "Members" on here that do not actually have existing, active paid "Member" upgrades in effect.

This is the blue "Member" badge you get (in addition to a number of expanded abilities/functions on the forum) when you upgrade to a paid membership to help support our forum.
Forum_host_change___eliminating_the_lifetime_membership_option__for_new_folks____Page_3___CJ-8.jpg

I won't bore you with the details of why I think this happened (the vBulletin to Xenforo transition), but it looks like this is going to require me manually vetting all of the almost 300 current users in the paid "Member"usergroup to see if this happened and downgrade them one by one if this occurred.

You can visit this page to review your current paid upgrade status: https://www.cj-8.com/account/upgrades

At the bottom is your current active paid membership upgrades. If you do not see this section, you do not have any paid membership in effect and will be downgraded when I get to checking your status. If you want to remain a paid forum supporter, please chose one of the paid memberships listed on the page. If you do so before I check, you'll remain as a paid member. If I've downgraded you before you do it, you'll be moved back into the proper status with your expiration date properly recorded.

If you have no current upgrades, the last thing you'll see is the "Gift Membership" like this:
Account_upgrades___CJ-8.jpg

If you have a current upgrade, you'll see it in a "Purchased Upgrades" section at the bottom like this:
_1__Account_upgrades___CJ-8.jpg

We have just implemented a new notification system, so any existing paid member on a non-recurring upgrade will receive an alert, PM and email prior to their membership expiring. You also now have the option to "extend" your membership before it fully expires, with the extension being added to the end of your current membership. Hopefully this makes it much simpler for everyone (after I get this first issue sorted :rolleyes: )

NOTE: We have "archived" the "Lifetime" membership that we used to offer and replaced it with 2-year and 5-year non-recurring options that have discounted costs. Having been around for 19 years, the lifetime membership was actually costing us money at this point as it only cost the equivalent of 5 years of the normal one. We are very fortunate to have a lot of Lifetime members who have been here a lot more than 5 years! :cheers:

Thanks to everyone for their past, present and future support. We don't run this forum to make money and it's your support alone that keeps it alive.