Poison Spyder aluminum guards

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
I wanted to get the aluminum crusher guards for my jeep. Apparently they've been discontinued by Poison Spyder. I cant seem to find them anywhere. Part number 12-04-010 alum. Figure I would post it here and get some suggestions on where to look.

Thank you all

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Now that they're owned by transamerican, I'd be surprised if the bean counters hadn't already gone through and killed their lower volume CJ stuff.

City
Raleigh
State
Nc

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Yes, they are still showing them on their website, as well as morris4x4, and rubitrux and some other websites. The poisonspyder rep just emailed me saying they stopped making then 2 years ago and they are unable to tell me if any vendors still have them in stock. Customer service is not their FORTE.
See my comment above about being owned by Transamerican (aka Polaris). Everything they touch goes immediately down the crapper.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
GenRight still makes some (only blanks though without wheel cut-outs). Hold on to your hat (and bend over) when you see the price they want! If you can settle for steel, I know that TNT makes them still.

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
GenRight still makes some (only blanks though without wheel cut-outs). Hold on to your hat (and bend over) when you see the price they want! If you can settle for steel, I know that TNT makes them still.
They are proud of those things! Holy crap. Can't justify paying that much. I think I rather buy the steel ones.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Last tome I talked to somebody at a Poison Spyder tent at an event, I almost seemed like I was a bother because I was asking about aluminum CJ8 corners.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Ya, I can't imagine they sold very many. I would say that the vast majority of CJ owners are not into the offroading that would require body armor. But you would think that they could make a set on request.

I think so many of these small specialty Jeep vendors don't think about customer service enough. In many cases the CJ owner also has a JK or JL or TJ.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
I've thought about contacting Aqualu to see if they'd sell a pair of rear quarter panels,,, no idea if they would or how much it might cost.

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
Im really dissapointed with the lack of service from poison spyder. Its not a $20 part after all. You would think they'd be capable of contacting their vendors. He didnt even try. This is my first experience with them, and probably the last. Im done complaining, it wont help me get anything. Thank you all.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Ya, I can't imagine they sold very many. I would say that the vast majority of CJ owners are not into the offroading that would require body armor. But you would think that they could make a set on request.

I think so many of these small specialty Jeep vendors don't think about customer service enough. In many cases the CJ owner also has a JK or JL or TJ.
Poison Spyder is anything but small. They weren’t really small before Transamerican gobbled them up. I actually got pretty good service from them when I ordered my armor from them back in 2004. That’s all long gone now. They’re part of a massive corner-cutting and outsourcing organization with little to no care for customers.

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
I emailed Nemesis like suggested. If that fails, I'll consider buying the steel ones. The added weight worries me. Anyone out there that has used the steel ones??

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I emailed Nemesis like suggested. If that fails, I'll consider buying the steel ones. The added weight worries me. Anyone out there that has used the steel ones??
Tons of us. Yes, it’s more weight. Just have to decide between carrying that weight or bashing the sides. If you can find aluminum, great.