• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Post #1001. Time to think back...

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Holy crap this is post #1001 for me... oh how time flies...

heres the Scram when we bought it from RED SCRAM (Bryan)... (June 2010)
DSC03594-1.jpg

Leaving Bryan's place. My wife driving the rental car (Toyota Echo).

P6210001-1.jpg

Our "hotel" room for the first night. With a beautiful view of the Pacific on Highway 1.

P6220044-1.jpg

and here is what it basically looks like now... (pic taken in Aug 2011)

P8120231-1.jpg

heres what it actually looks like now... ARB locker install.

attachment.php

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI

:D

Nice summary! Definitely been great to watch this whole saga! :thumbsup:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da

:D

Nice summary! Definitely been great to watch this whole saga! :thumbsup:

i dont know what made me laugh more, Newbie or saga... :D

Thanks Jim, youre close to your 1001 post too...

JeepScrambler

CJ-oholic
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Claflin
State
KS
Looks great! The proportions of everything on your Scrambler look just right, IMO! I actually like everything about it! Those Warn 8274's are the best looking winch for on the front of CJ's! What are the specs on the axles? Are they narrowed at all?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
You should try padding your post count with craigslist ads! It is much faster! :D

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

So, in looking at this picture, after I get over my jealousy of having a garage to work out of, I notice that your Scrambler has become a new storage location for that pesky, "what do we do with it the other 11 months of the year" Christmas tree base! Or, do you have some use on the trail for such a device????:huh:

Seriously though, a few questions: Is that a KayLine top and anyone know where to get a new rear window and tailgate anchoring bar? Also, does your cage offer shoulder harness points?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
So, in looking at this picture, after I get over my jealousy of having a garage to work out of, I notice that your Scrambler has become a new storage location for that pesky, "what do we do with it the other 11 months of the year" Christmas tree base! Or, do you have some use on the trail for such a device????:huh:

Dude...that's the new custom Hi-Lift high flotation sand base! All the cool kids have one!:D

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
You should try padding your post count with craigslist ads! It is much faster! :D

Good plan, but doesnt works as well as BW posting this... :needpic:

Looks great! The proportions of everything on your Scrambler look just right, IMO! I actually like everything about it! Those Warn 8274's are the best looking winch for on the front of CJ's! What are the specs on the axles? Are they narrowed at all?

Yes they are narrowed. I forget the exact measurement but YJ width seams to ring a bell...

Seriously though, a few questions: Is that a KayLine top and anyone know where to get a new rear window and tailgate anchoring bar? Also, does your cage offer shoulder harness points?

I just got a new insulated 8' garage door put in (was 7', I had to redo the door frame). Garage is actually heated now. :D
Actually the x-mas tree base needs to be fixed. Its on my to do list. Normal storage place for it is in the basement.
Yes, its a Kayline top, and I have no idea where to get anything for it except maybe Polarfire... I mean craigslist.
Cage has 3 point seat belts.

Dude...that's the new custom Hi-Lift high flotation sand base! All the cool kids have one!:D

never thought of that... would probably work too!! How do i explain that to my wife???

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Good plan, but doesnt works as well as BW posting this... :needpic:

The beautiful thing is that used to be true, but now it's just me saying how great it is that my minions are doing that for me before I even have the chance :D Same difference though. ;)