• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Postal going 4.0/AW4

02tj

Basic User
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Jeffersonton
State
Va
gotta keep this thread up, needed it when I tried to find the correct way to install my vss!!! ttt

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Heh, glad it was worth something to write all this out... also hope I got it right!! :eek:

02tj

Basic User
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Jeffersonton
State
Va
lol Ill let you know as soon as I can drive it!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I never quite fully understood the point of the VSS, but that there were enough people saying it was needed to make me want to put it in. So not sure how to tell if I did it right. Really need to put in the OBD port and clear/scan the thing! :eek:

I'm so damn lazy!!! ;)

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
oops!

Someone just pinged on me to say that I never posted my monster spreadsheet I put together.

Oops! :banghead:

(Edit, now I see why, the attachment was too large. Good thing I know a moderator here who can take care of that issue)

It's a zipped Excel sheet. This was for my personal use and I make no guarantees that anything is right in here, but I got my junk running and it still seems to be working.

One big caveat for anyone working with an emissions-required swap, I have NOT hooked up a MIL/Check engine light (and I actually never rewired the OBDII data port back in because it's run so well and I have no emission requirements). I need to get that done though... :banghead:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Bump for functional OBA :)

Finally got the 1/2" compression fitting that I needed to clamp on the Sanden pump outlet and adapted that to a 1/2" hose barb. Ran it up to 75 psi and tested the front and rear air chucks. Hope we can skip the air station at the sand dunes this weekend!!!

Kate wants it to blow up the air mattresses :D