Power steering gear box

Anil

City
Couva
State
fl
I have a 1982 jeep scrambler RIGHT HAND DRIVE and is looking to purchase a power steering gear box that is in good condition or refurbished, I will appreciated any suggestions... Thanks

City
Halifax
State
UK
Yes depending what is wrong with it then Its a mirror image of the LHD version so all seals and internals are the same so it should be able to be refurbished.
I have bought RHD XJ boxes before and its what i use on my Jeeps but all the XJs are of an age now where they are as worn as the one i am trying to replace so if you are really struggling i can see if UK Ebay has one available but shipping would be as much as the box itself!.
Plus the input shaft is different so that requires a call to Borgeson or swapping in your original input shaft........ if just never ever ends this Jeep spending..........:cry:

Last edited:

Anil

City
Couva
State
fl
Hey thanks guys for the suggestions, the original is a manual gear box that I am trying to get raid off and upgrade to a power box. As you have indicated the restoration it seems is a bottomless pit of spending but I am doing most of the work my self and it's a hobby. If you come up with anything else please drop me a line, I have access to a fabrication shop and can build a mounting bracket if needed for a substitute that may not be the same but similar.