• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Power to Manual Steering Conversion

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
All,
For a project I am planning, there is a benefit to move from power to manual steering. I am curious about experiences with both set-ups on 31x10's. I have power steering now and its seems almost to easy. Any thoughts/recommendations/religious mindsets on one vs the other? The conversion looks fairly straightforward though most seem to go the other way.

Thanks
Tim

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Other than minimal weight lose and a little less stuff under the hood, I can't think of 1 good reason to go manual from power steering.

timo439

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Portsmouth
State
NH
Thanks, I do have a valid reason for removing the need for a power steering pump/setup, just curious as to the benefits of one vs the other, particularly experience with larger tires.

@AJM81CJ8 maybe a parts trade could happen if you are running a manual set-up.

Last edited:

AJM81CJ8

Door Breaker
City
Kalamazoo
State
MI
Thanks, I do have a valid reason for removing the need for a power steering pump/setup, just curious as to the benefits of one vs the other, particularly experience with larger tires.

@AJM81CJ8 maybe a parts trade could happen if you are running a manual set-up.
Quite possibly. It would have to be at the end of the season, when I put mine away for the year.