zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I did this mod during my Scrambler restoration over five years ago. Since I haven't seen another one I thought some of the newer members might be interested. I installed a key less entry with power locks with one kit and also the power windows with another. Everything is still working fine. You can also see in this picture how I installed one of the Vintage Air AC vents in the dash.

Attachments

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I have almost the same setup in my 7. Also With keyless alarm and auto start. The 8 will be the same way.

Sent from my SM-N910P

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Is that power window kit the one designed for CJ's?
Yes it is. If my memory is correct it was a company called A1 something or other.
You could look through my build thread and it should be in there.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I have the same kit I acquired with some other project so I was going to attempt to use it on the left door of the overlander just to have a power window on that side. I was them gonna try to make the switch hidden and the door glass handle still exist but I haven't gotten that far. Air conditioning and a working speedometer is next. :)

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I have the same kit I acquired with some other project so I was going to attempt to use it on the left door of the overlander just to have a power window on that side. I was them gonna try to make the switch hidden and the door glass handle still exist but I haven't gotten that far. Air conditioning and a working speedometer is next. :)
Since you mentioned Air Conditioner I thought I might say that I installed a Vintage Air unit in mine. the kit came with everything I needed right down to bolts and clamps, just supply refrigerant.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I think they also make a kit that actually uses the window hand crank as a electric switch for the power windows.

CJLutke

cjlutke
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Does this kit provide a quick disconnect for the wiring to still be able to run with the doors off?