• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Project "AZZ DRAGGER"

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
- How do you like the LED tail lights? Any chance you have a write up on the install and a pic of them on during the day and at night?

- What is the recycled knob do? Is it the carrier lock release? nice! :) I dig recycling.

- So...next obvious question - what are you going to do with those stubby 10" shocks now that you don't need them????? :)

-not much to write up for LED lights. wire them up. bolt them on and youre done. No pics of them lit, but they are VERY bright.

-recycled knob is a Dana 300 shift knob. :cool:

-the short shocks are for sale. not in a huge rush to sell. If I dont get the long ones installed I'll run the stubbys till I'm ready to install them. however, if you are interested, the set of 4, about 1,000km on them, practically new, $550. I paid $800 (not including shipping) in May 2011. Can provide more info and pics...

:D:D

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
There's some pics of the same taillights being installed in my thread. They are BRIGHT! Even the backups rock.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
There's some pics of the same taillights being installed in my thread. They are BRIGHT! Even the backups rock.

yeah I looked at yours. Mounting holes make the lights offset. Instead of drilling the tub like you did, I cut the 2 bottom tabs off the lights and counter sunk the 3 holes in the aluminum housing. I didnt cut the top tab off the light because it would have made a hole in the tail light. Then I used 1/4 bolts instead of the ones supplied and bolt it to the original holes. Once I counter sunk the 3 holes, the light housing fit perfect in the factory location and the tail light itself fit perfect in the housing. I guess I should have taken pics and did a write up... maybe if/when I have to take them off for whatever reason....

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
There's always more than 1 way...:thumbsup:

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
I am loving this Scrambler! Great work!
Even though, I'm getting close to driving mine... still got jealous looking at those pics. ;)

Hey, what did you do about bumpstops for the rear? I'm a little concerned about stuffing the 35s into my shiny sheet metal.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Thanks!
as for bumpstops... i didnt do anything. The bumpstops are in a box waiting top be installed. Sheet metal has been bent, but I expected it. I need to cut some sheet metal off, I just cant bring myself to do it.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Thanks!
as for bumpstops... i didnt do anything. The bumpstops are in a box waiting top be installed. Sheet metal has been bent, but I expected it. I need to cut some sheet metal off, I just cant bring myself to do it.

I was going to ask the same thing, but I see you used the CJ8 "factory installed" rear bump stops, too:thumbsup:

My 35's were hitting bad enough, I would hate to see what 37's would/could do:eek:

Great looking build, your Scrambler is definitely going to be Heavy Duty:cheers:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
lol yeah... I havent really done any crazy trails like I did in the CJ-7, which had TJ flares. Probably this summer the Jeep will get out onto some harder trails. I plan on actually putting the bump stops on before summer but we'll see what happens. Waiting on parts and still have to order parts too. Will be back to work starting the 1st so I wont have as much time to work on it.

As for heavy duty... I prefer to overbuild everything so I dont have to worry about breakage when on the trail. Sure the Jeep weighs a ton but the way i see it, If i run lighter stuff (Dana 44s for example) I'd have to carry spare parts bringing the weight up. With the 60s, I dont have to carry the same spares as I would with the 44s.

I just got word that my new (used) engine should be ready to be shipped to me in the next 7-10 days. :D Picked up my new (used) NV4500 last weekend. Maybe I'll get that installed early June if I get all the parts while I'm working.

New engine is a Vortec 5.3L with a new Z06 cam. The engine came out of a 2000 Chevy Silverado with 72,000 miles on it. :D:D

Thanks for the compliments everybody. :D

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Just heard from the engine guy.... here is a pic of my new engine. 2000 5.3L from a Silverado with 72,000 miles from California :D
Z06 cam being installed this weekend along with harness being made for simple install and computer being tuned. Should have it shortly. :D:D:D:D

LM7Scramengine-1.jpg

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Wow. purty. Are you doing something different for headers? Those look like they'll dump out on top of the frame rails, but what do I know?

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Wow. purty. Are you doing something different for headers? Those look like they'll dump out on top of the frame rails, but what do I know?

Yeah, probably Corvette manifolds. Have a set lined up... ;)

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Well my engine is done and almost ready to be shipped to me (possibly tomorrow).. :D:D
Let the collection of parts continue!!! :D for me :( for my bank account

heres a pic of it on the engine run/test stand. :drool::drool: (gonna change the engine cover... that one is ugly!!!)

P1300003-1.jpg

P1300005-1.jpg

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Mike... I agree !!!! :drool: That is some sweet eye candy :drool:
mmm mmmm mmmmmm :D

z:ZZZ:

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Well the engine is home. Also got my LS3 exhaust manifolds too. :D

IMG_0398-1.jpg

IMG_0399-1.jpg

Just ordered a truck load of parts...
new Griffin rad
NV4500 - Dana 300 adapter
Camaro oil pan
fuel pumps
and a bunch of other stuff... Should get that some time in March. If i have all the major parts I need for this (which i should), once the transmission is ready, I'll start the swap. If I start the swap, I need the Jeep done for summer so I dont miss any nice weather!

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Yesterday I finally got the ARB installed in the front axle. Now I just have to get the axle back under the Jeep. Once I get that done, and I have all my new parts, I will probably tear into the drivetrain swap! :D:D

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Working on a little something something... :)

attachment.php

Last edited: