• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Project Pics

1crazy-jeeper

What's a scrambler?
Ok. Guys here are the before and after shots of 'ol faithful. I'm still trying to come up with some sort of name for her. Let me know what you think.
I bought her from a guys barn 4 months ago. 304 conversion and supposedly 4 inches of lift.
I've added TJ flares, new clutch, new tires and wheels. Spare tire carrier complements of Texas Bill, paint, new hood and dash as the old one was cut up pretty badly. I hacked into the tail end and added the LED tail lights and I removed the god awful rear bumper.

Last edited:

1crazy-jeeper

What's a scrambler?
I don't know how to post multiple pictures any other way so please bear with me.

another before pic

Last edited:

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Nice work. It's hard to believe it is the same Scrambler.. Way to go!
z:D

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
NICE JOB!-JC;)

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
Looks great!

Any trouble installing the TJ flares (I think that is in the cards for me someday!)?

Are you planning to go off-road much? if so, you may need to think about getting that exhaust a little tighter to the body...otherwise you may hit a rock and then it will sound like you did a trailside v8 swap (voice of experience talking here)!;)

edit: just re-read and noticed you already have a v8...go ahead and rip your exhaust off now to get the full sound! :D :D

-Mike W

Last edited:

2K1TJ

Still Scramblin'
City
Rockmart
State
GA
Looks good !

What color is that paint? it's different, I like it.

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
2K1TJ said:
Looks good !
What color is that paint? it's different, I like it.
2K are you asking about the before or after paint?
z:D

1crazy-jeeper

What's a scrambler?
Thanks for the kind words. The color (after) is a dupont 1997 and newer Jeep TJ gold. I forget the exact name.
As for the TJ flares, that is the quickest and easiest way I've ever seen to deal with rust. The fronts were a little tricky but once you put the first one on you'll see they are no big deal. I used a cut off wheel to trim the fenders. A jig saw or sawzall would work too. Of course there is always the BFR if you want to add the flares when you are on the trail.

The exhaust needs to be redone. It dumbed out right under the cab when I got her home and nearly choked me to death. I ran it out back with some flexi-pipe. Funny how the local shops don't want to touch a jeep with no emission controls on it.

Last edited:

txsbill

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Looks great....

I'm jealous as hell.....I plan on getting back on track with mine soon...I've got a lot of side jobs going right now, so I'm gonna start buying parts again.....I don't know when I'll have time to put them on, but at least I'll have them....

Looks great though.....

Bill

CJ8Chris

I hate rust and chrome
City
Austin
State
TX
1crazy-jeeper said:
I'm still trying to come up with some sort of name for her. Let me know what you think.

GOLDMEMBER

'cause its gold, the V-8 has lots of balls, and "chicks dig wheelbase".

(Well, we've got to start somewhere with a name, hopefully this will get the ball rolling!)

Nice job on the restore, the gold paint looks nice, probabaly not another one out there your color either!

1crazy-jeeper

What's a scrambler?
probabaly not another one out there your color either!

Originality is what we strive for! I've seen too many bright yellow, lime green and budweiser red jeeps out there. No offense, I considered each one of these colors, but just kept running into them at every street corner.

I can attest that 'Chicks dig wheelbase'. My wife wanted me to bury this thing in the back yard when she first saw it. Now she wants to drive it.
;)