LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
OK all you gear wrenching guru's...I have an issue

inline 6 258

I put the serpentine belt and pulleys with reverse rotation water pump on in order to add the AC compressor that I bought and am running a new Aluminum radiator but the fan does not have the proper clearance...the old fan would work beautifully but of course it is running in the wrong direction and I received a fan with the compressor and bracket set I got on here and also had another reverse rotation fan and neither reverse rotation fans has enough clearance with the radiator... any help and suggestions on how to make this work I would greatly appreciate it

thanks

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
One thing that worked for me when I had a similar problem was to loosen the motor mounts and transmission mount and slide the engine back to give me clearance.

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
How much room do you have between the radiator and the fan clutch? The RR fan and fan clutch that I have is 3 1/8" fro mounting flange to the end of the clutch.

chef717

Basic User
City
clearwater
State
fl
just put an aluminum radiator and tarus fan and had some clearance issues. i just notched the grill and moved the radiator forward.

manicman1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
thanks guys for all the support and suggestion

I ordered a clutch-less fan...should be here today or tomorrow I will let you know how that goes
if nothing else I can always put the electric fans :-)