Radiator options

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
I need to replace the radiator on my 8. Ive done research, but everything ive found are old threads. I want to upgrade to an aluminum radiator. Any good/affordable options? Thank you.

Cmath

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodstock
State
Ga
What engine ? What is the reason for the upgrade? Electric fan ? BeCool ,Griffin, Wizard. I personally think aluminum is overrated .84' CJ7 has the original radiator and no leaks. I am not saying that aluminum isn't good but 35 years on the factory radiator . What's wrong with that?. I think it has its place. Higher H.P. V8 engines where cooling is an issue. Corrosion can be an issue. Do your research, there are a lot of cheap knockoff ones out there . Good luck!

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
One of the brackets has broken at the weld. I figured that if im going to replace it, I minus well put an aluminum one.

City
Raleigh
State
Nc
Has anyone used Champion Cooling System radiators? They list a 3 row for around $250. Its listed for a cj7, not sure if the cj8 uses a different radiator?

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
I put in a Champion CC583B in my Scrambler about 3 years ago and its been a good radiator for me so far.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I had a Champion that worked fine until my fan got into it :rolleyes: Replaced it with one from ECP - Engineered Cooling Products that was highly recommended (switched to electric fan) and it is just beefier in all respects and has held up great.

I wouldn’t have a problem running another Champion though if money were an issue. Thinking about it for my FSJ this year.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
I'm the unlucky one. Put one in my ford work truck around 1 1/2 yrs ago. Just starting to leak where tubs connect to the tank. Reviews are their good or about 1 1/2 to 2 yrs they start to leak.

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Haven
State
UT
Ordered the Summit SUM-384047 for a YJ project last year. Really nice welds, but the holes/inserts were not correct for the shroud.