RE suspension

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Just trying to confirm an item number from RE before I purchase it. Suspension lift from Rubicon express extreme-duty 4.5" lift with mono shocks. I heard from several ppl that they are several lift kits. Is that true or are they, full of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
It's sold as one kit, but will probably arrive in multiple batches. Most of the small pieces arrived one day, the shocks the next, the front springs next, and the rear springs after that.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
There are different kit numbers because the ‘81 uses shorter front shocks vs. the longer shocks on all latter years. Then there are different numbers due to different options on the shocks. So, probably 4 different numbers for the kits.

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Haven
State
UT
Last edited:

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Interestingly, they say you need different front brake line extensions for 81 vs 82+, and indeed they have different part numbers (RE sent me the 81 version no charge). Setting them next to each other, there are no discernable differences, however.

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Where's the best place to purchase your Rubicon suspension lift RE5525M 4.5". I am thinking Amazon. It appears that Amazon offers the most parts included. Anyone purchase from Amazon? Any issues? Suggestions welcome.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
For something like a suspension kit, I'd try to buy locally. If a warranty replacement is ever required, I wouldn't want to ship heavy springs back and forth...

City
Placerville
State
CA
I have the RE SOA springs on my Scrambler. I broke one last year on the Rubicon, and one this year at Slick Rock. Both times RE replaced them under warranty, even providing a matching pair so sit the same. My Jeep sees about 7 Rubicon level trips a year, nothing more extreme. Great they replace under warranty, but concerning they have broken twice - top leaf at the spring plate. Still run them, but considering carrying a spare top leaf.

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Using them is like Russian roulette, one time they do great and them next time the items arrive weeks late.

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
I know had previous bad experience using them on my cj8. Thinking of going with Amazon. Your thoughts!! Anyone had any issues with ordering the lift RE5525M through Amazon?

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Have 3 4WheelParts stores in town. Never had any problems with them... I buy all my tires from them.

City
Placerville
State
CA
I have had my Scrambler for over 22 years. Built it SOA from day one. I currently run RE SOA springs front and rear. Front springs are 1.5 years old, rear springs were installed this summer and have 2 trips on them. I am considering going to custom springs, if so these will be available. I am in Placerville CA