• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

rear drive train

big84scrambler

Basic User
last time i went off roading with a buddy of mine we through the rear drive train of his 84 scrambler.. since then the scrambler has become mine and i attempeted to put the read drive tain back on. I put new u joints and bolts on it and put it back on....when driving in it vibrates wat to much to be safe. im not sure why it does this.. my two theories are that the arrows on the shaft and the yoke are not properly lined up due to the fact that I could olny find one arrow on the yoke side....I was wondering if anyone else knew another reason for it to vibrate so much

Sundowner

Basic User
there's a couple possibilities:
one is that you did not reassemble the d-shaft in phase, which sucks. if you can't line it up, then you will have to take it to get reballanced.
other possibilities are that the shaft is bent, it lost the welded on balancing weights, or if this is attached to an AMC Model 20 axle, the cast iron pinion bearing spacer could be shattered (check for pinion yoke play)