• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Rear fender arc

NicktheGR

City
Giannitsa
State
Pe
Good morning. Greetings from sunny and warm Greece to all. Happy owner of few cj s. Nice to meet you here......

First post here and want to share with you the following issue I'm dealing with my cj8 restoration.

I ordered some fender flares and seems not matching with the arc that I have in mine. Looking online for the shapes of the arc and seems that mine is slightly different from others. Can you confirm that? Was jeep making different arcs on the cj8? Why mine is different?? Where can I find a fender that fits the arc shape that I have? Thank you in advance for your help.....

Attachments

• 120399f6c962ce1996642bcd63b28e2f.0.jpg
    120399f6c962ce1996642bcd63b28e2f.0.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 20

NicktheGR

City
Giannitsa
State
Pe
Here is another picture

Attachments

• 4b01c54c8e676477209cfe5d3a034148.0.jpg
    4b01c54c8e676477209cfe5d3a034148.0.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 16

NicktheGR

City
Giannitsa
State
Pe
Did you order Scrambler ones or are they YJ ones?

cb
Yes. For cj8. I searched and ordered the part number 8997109CJ8.

My question is if anyone can se in my arc differences from other cj8 thar are out there. As I'm looking to it I can see a slightly more curve to mine. Maybe I'm mistake but I think it's bit different. That's why I m wondering if there was a different trim or something..... Thank you for your reply

RockTractor

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Yes I just Read it as well..... So by saying style it's not only yj style... Means also shape I guess coz it doesn't fit the fender curb arc.... But still wondering if mine has different arc than other scramblers.
Your body arc looks like the standard CJ-8 arc. Those flares are definitely made for YJ arc.

NicktheGR

City
Giannitsa
State
Pe
Your body arc looks like the standard CJ-8 arc. Those flares are definitely made for YJ arc.
Tnnx... The part number was saying that was for cj8.... And specific that the rear are "yj style" but still For a cj8..... They are wider than a yj so they definitely not fit in a yj. I have a yj as well...

So my original question that created coz that misfit is if my arc is different than other cj8 coz while I was looking and observing it (coz the misfit of the flares I have) seems to my eyes bit deferent... More round arc than others that look like at the end the arc is more wider and the line has more angle (if you draw a line)

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Is that for sure a factory tub? It's hard to tell, but to me the roll in the fender does look a little off in the picture.... Could just be the angle.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Here’s a pic of my rear wheel well straight on. It’s hard to tell from phone pics because the phone tends to distort things somewhat. But the body lines do look a bit different. 144249C7-CD4F-4B6A-8E61-31CE123A2E2B.jpegCompared to my picture, your wheel well looks like there is more of a downward slope at the bottom than mine. But again it could be the angle you were holding the camera at.
My money is in the flares being a bit off.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Post #449:

Shows the part # I bought, they fit fine with just a bit of work.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Post #449:

Shows the part # I bought, they fit fine with just a bit of work.
Rugged Ridge 11604-01

Just bought a set myself.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I used a heat gun to heat the flare. I bolted the top to the body then heated either side to line up the flare and then drilled the holes to match the tub. Not perfect but close enough.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh

Rugged Ridge 11604.01 Factory Style Fender Flare Kit Is the kit I used on both cj8 builds. Almost a exact fit, 2 screw holes were about 5/32" off.​