• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

rear window gasket.

cj7berry

Basic User
City
rochester
State
nh
Does anyone know where I can get a gasket for the rear window of my scrambler.It's a 1983 hardtop,I think. Ijust had a slider put in and the glass company coudn't find a gasket anywhere for the window. I know it's the bigger window opening of the available options. Any help would be great.

tomthbomb

tomthbomb
City
Longview
State
TX
Got the same problem. Want to order the sliding glass window, but know the gasket won't survive the change out.:confused:

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Rear Slider Seal

Tomthbomb
Had the same problem on my friends slider. I got FREE samples from JC Whitney of all the seals that I thought were close. Found a match and worked great. Sorry I don't know the part number as he bought the parts, I did the work.

cj7berry
If the issue is the gasket doesn't fill the opening between the frame and the top, it may be the wrong slider. The opening size changed in '83 (around April I think) I had this problem also, I could not get any info from my post or the window manufacturer on how to tell which top I had, so I ordered the larger window figuring I could always make the opening bigger if needed. If this is your issue, let me know and I'll try to find the info on dimensions for you.

cj7berry

Basic User
City
rochester
State
nh
gasket

Yeah I ordered the bigger window to ,but the window still seems loose. so the glass company that installed it thinks that the gasket is the wrong gasket,or that it is just to small. Thanks for the info though. If I find out anything else I'll post it Wayne.

cj7berry

Basic User
City
rochester
State
nh
If you cuold find the info on that gasket that you got it would be greatly appreciated. thanks Wayne.

tomthbomb

tomthbomb
City
Longview
State
TX
Was hoping someone would help us out with a source for the rear window gasket. Still want the sliding rear glass for sale on this website but I will need the gasket.
Are the sliding windows sold by a member of scrambler.cj8.com or by an outside vendor and can they help with the gasket? HELP?:)

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Rear Sliding Window & Gasket

OK, here's what worked for me:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=20052&BQ=jcw2

You can get a FREE sample, the ph. # is on the link.

Install the gasket with the body panel side to the frame, and the glass side to the top. (It is a little bit of a PITA, because the roll has a natural curve in the wrong direction. Hot water and/or Florida sun helps.) It is next to impossible to do with the top on, as the roll bar is in the way in the top corners.

Also, the slider that Collins Bros. sells for $299.95 is available from 4Wheel Parts, for $70 - $80. It's made by C.R. Laurence, here's a link with info and part #'s. (You will need to give them the numbers, as the salesperson I spoke with didn't know that they were available.)

Type in "Jeep Slider" in the search @ this link for dimensions, etc.:

http://www.crlaurence.com/apps/Search/ProductSearch.asp

CRL Duo-Vent Four Panel Slider with Clear Glass for 1981-March 1983 Jeep Scrambler TSW1852
CRL Duo-Vent Four Panel Slider for March 1983-1986 Jeep Scrambler TSW1859

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

tomthbomb

tomthbomb
City
Longview
State
TX
THANKS FLCJ8!!! I was hoping someone would step up with some help. Do you know if this the same window for sale here on this site?:D