reclining suspension seats

City
Cincinnati
State
oh
recliner front seats

Their is a nice pair of recliner front seats in my wifes CJ-8,,,I can't remember what the previous owner said they came out of,,,,but I will ask now that I am thinking about it. I want to say newer GM Blazer, only thing I don't like is the entire seat doesn't tilt forward to allow easier access to the rear,,,but if I slide the seat completely forward and then tilt the back as far forward as it will go,,,it makes access to the rear do-able, just not as easy as I my wife and son would like.
Do these seats you are talking about tilt entirely forward? Or do they just slide back and forth? Larry.

BurntOrange

Hook 'em Horns!
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
Let us know how they work out. Mastercraft recently came out with a reclining suspension seat too but I believe they are more expensive that what you found.

SJC CJ8

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
San Juan Capistrano
State
CA
The mastercraft are about the same, actually. maybe a tad more. let me know. i'm trying to make the jeep more comfortable for my wife on the longer trips ... we had "good" besttop, but they fell apart.

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Hard to beat the ride of a MasterCraft. They are a bit snug for big guys, but I like that fit. They hold you in really well. And the suspension really smooths out all of the little vibrations and bumps. Also help to lessen the big impacts.

There are PRP, and Beard out there that are less expensive versions of the same things. But I have not had personal experience with them. Letely it seems that MasterCraft has gone up on prices as they are getting more well know.

I guess the best reccomendation is to look at the desert racers. Suspension seats is what they use. I have not seen a Bestop seat in a SCORE truck. For that matter havent seen a recaro, or other Ricer type racing seat their either.

If you get the Rubicon MasterCraft seat, you will not be disappointed. A little poorer, but not disappointed.

Carl

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
City
richmond
State
va
LT1scrambler said:
Do these seats you are talking about tilt entirely forward? Or do they just slide back and forth? Larry.
Larry - the cj seats that tilt all the way forward are not because of the seats themselves...they are mounted on a cj seat bracket that flips forward. There are actually passenger and driver cj flip brackets out there. maybe take a look at somebody else's cj to see what I mean, then look at how your seats are mounted. It may be possible to adapt them to the stock cj brackets.
Hope this is helpful.
-Mike

bigjeepnfool

Legacy Registered User
City
Milford
State
MA
THe Mastercraft seats are overpriced....THe PRP seats are better in my eyes if you don't want reclining seats.FYI THe Mastercraft reclining seats are $518 a piece! These are $480 for the pair and are top notch, I got them in yesterday.....I'll give you guys a review after having them for awhile.
-Will

bigjeepnfool

Legacy Registered User
City
Milford
State
MA
Got the seats in today. THey are bolt in and have sliders that actually work>>THe only thing I didn't like was how high they sit. They are snug for me but will keep me in place pretty good....I'm pretty tall and wide too though. They look real nice and seem pretty comfy. For the price I don't see a better deal! I'll give you a review after I have them in for awhile.
-Will

City
Cincinnati
State
oh
seats

Yes Wildturkey, that was what I was referring to,,,,I was curious as to whether the tilting brackets were available new anywhere or whether these new seats came with them?
I checked mine,,,,my seats are out of an Eagle Talon,,,,fit is perfect and they are quite comfy, I just wish they tilted like my wifes old CJ-7 used to. I guess the tilting seats didn't come in the Scramblers?
I am sure if these Eagle Talon seats were adapted to Scrambler brackets I could do the same for a CJ-7 tilt setup,,,,just have to get my hands on a set and check it out. Sorry to get off subject here,,,,:confused: Larry.

mopedal

"It Is What It Is"
City
DAYTON
State
TN
Carl I'm with you! It's hard to beat the Rubicon's!
All i had to compare too was the stock seats...The Hunsakers may be great too! I didn't realize they were in the $500 range now....I bought them 8 months ago and paid around $375 ea....the shop may have given me a much better deal than I thought. Will, looking forward to seeing how you like them!

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
if you keep a check with the vendors on pirate 4x4 you can find some somkin' deals on the rubicons and corbeaus from time to time-JC

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
It seems that MasterCraft has really started pushing the edge in pricing. Maybe it is to make up for all of that race sponsor ship. They are reallyl good seats, but for the price I bet that PRP or Corbeau would be better. I have just not seen them in person.

I got my rubicon's two years ago for $325, and that was full retail through them. I could not find a good east coast dealer at the time.

Now that 4WD parts and Quadratrack have started selling them the prices reall went up.

Scramgler, I will be giving you a call in the near future. I am going to have a new to me scrambler to out fit and would like to see about a set of rear seats.

Is there anyone out there with Beard, Corbeau, or PRP seats that wants to speak to their quality?

Carl

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
Any pics of those Hunsaker Synkro's installed in your Scrambler, bigjeepnfool? Did they come with sliders or did you have to buy those seperately? How is the seat fabric, will it hold up to the elements? My Jeep gets rained in on occassion and I prefer seats that can be dried off easily with a towel.

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
Hmmm, I now see that they are available with vinyl upholstery and that the price has dropped to $320 plus shipping for a pair. Temptation growing stronger... :U

bigjeepnfool

Legacy Registered User
City
Milford
State
MA
Seats...sorry it took so long to reply

They are still comfortable. The quality is very good. I don't know about getting them wet.....hasn't happened as of yet. THe only thing is.... they can't fully recline unless you redesign your stock rollbar or mounting brackets.THis is because the big flaps on the shoulders hit the rollbar:rolleyes: .THey fit perfect with my tuffy radio console.The sliders come with the seats and they will work with a little bending on the sliding U shaped thing underneath the seat(part that egages or disengages the sliding mechanism) I don't like vinyl seats personally because they don't let my behind breath and this creates a swamp butt effect.:eek:
-Will

City
Dothan
State
Al
any seat updates

i'm getting ready to install a full cage in my 8. gonna be tied into the frame. seats bolted in...yada yada yada. I'm having seat troubles too. I agree that the Mastercraft Rubicons are probably the best available...they should be for the cost. I tried looking at the PRP seats online, but their sight is down at the moment. Does anyone have any info (comfort, durability, etc.) on any other brands like Beard, Hunsaker, or PRP.

I just can't afford to burn $1,000 on seats and then pay for a cage.

If you've spent some time in some of these and can compare between the brands I'd love to know what you think. If push came to shove, I'd rather spend a little more and get something comfortable than try and save a few bucks and be tortured everytime i'm out.

bigjeepnfool

Legacy Registered User
City
Milford
State
MA
I sold these seats and bought the Corbeau Baja Ultra SS Wide Seats after riding around in them for a long day. Almost as good as the PRP seats and free shipping! Trust me these are very comfortable seats, way better than the ones I recommended....only downside is they don't recline and won't work with my center console....I'm going to end up building a center console for my radio/cupholders.
http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/91
-Will

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I've spent plenty of time in my Mastercraft Rubicon seats, had them for years. I highly recomend them.