• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Recognize this dealer package?

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
West Haven
State
UT
Cant seem to locate the thread. Anyone recognize this one?

Screenshot_20210708-225909_KSL Classifieds.jpgScreenshot_20210708-225930_KSL Classifieds.jpgScreenshot_20210708-230003_KSL Classifieds.jpg

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
My sarcastic side wants to say its the "Thunder Chicken" package. Never seen that one before.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Looks very Southwest to me: Phoenix/ Vegas/ Albuquerque.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Nothing in my 1989 Motor crash estimating book with that package. Anybody wanna know what a bulkhead cost cost in 1989?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Back when I worked at PepBoys, we used to sell a decal set like that. I was there from 1982 to 1996. Seemed to be the earlier time frame. I ended up in your neck of the woods, Rosco- ran the Riverdale UT location 90-96.
The company was TrimBrite. They’re still around today, but no mention of the Phoenix decal on their website. I still have some of their old striping tape. Back then stripes were cool, and I was a striping fool! 9E2E1F2E-D517-4F61-B425-B5AF59ABDD06.jpeg

Last edited:

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Back when I worked at PepBoys, we used to sell a decal set like that. I was there from 1982 to 1996. Seemed to be the earlier time frame. I ended up in your neck of the woods, Rosco- ran the Riverdale UT location 90-96.
The company was TrimBrite. They’re still around today, but no mention of the Phoenix decal on their website. I still have some of their old striping tape. Back then stripes were cool, and I was a striping fool! View attachment 95469
I got a box full if that striping from tech school '90-'91. Single strip up to 6 strips different color about 1.5" wide. Wonder if it is s good?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I got a box full if that striping from tech school '90-'91. Single strip up to 6 strips different color about 1.5" wide. Wonder if it is s good?
What you see on the chair are my leftovers. They’re still sticky, but… That old vinyl striping is so thick- I’m surprised it flew back then. The new stuff is about as thick as a good coat of paint.