Red? interior

Here is a very silly question (I am aware of this) but it has been bothering me for some time now and enough is enough. My CJ-7 has a red interior. All seats are red from factory, original red console, red dash, etc... Yall get the idea. My question is, is this a usual thing to find. I have never seen another red interior before this one, so what is the deal. I know that it can't be that rare or I would have heard about it by now, but that doesn't change the fact that I have never seen another one. And just on a side note, this might seem funny, but I hate red interiors. I don't know why, just do and always have. Anyway, maybe yall can put my mind at ease.

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
There were two reds- one was called Garnet- and one was a bright red. As far as them being rare I do not think so- there are a lot of Jeeps with this interior out there, however it is not nearly as common as black, blue, or any of the tans. Probably like you, most original buyers opted for a different color.

That's pritty much what I figured. Didn't think it would be rare or there would be lots of talk about it. I don't like red interiors but I guess this one isn't that bad....it's more of a darker red, probably the garnet. I do, however, need a new driver's seat. This one is pritty tore up. If anyone know's where I can find one it would help alot. Like I said, haven't seen this color before so don't know how easy it is to get another one. Help is appreciated.

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Check with Austin Jeeps. If not try Ebay. It is most likely Garnet. You may want to look for a bikini top in that color- you could have your seat bottom reupholstered.
Best of luck.
Kyle

Robert Slone

Legacy Registered User
City
Spring Hope
State
NC
My '85 CJ 7 has a red interior and it came from the factory with a red soft top and red soft doors. The top was shot and I replaced it with a black top and doors. The body is silver with two tone orange strips. The carpet was also a mess and we replaced it with gray. It still has the original red dash pad (in excellent shape) and red sun visors. The rear seat is original, but we had the front seats recovered with a deep red vinyl - not an exact match but close. The console was red but we replaced it with a gray locking Tuffy console.