Red Scramblers in FL - Mercurm Auto Auction

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
I was picking up some parts & Excursion in GL, met memeber Jack.

Anyway, saw there was 2 Red Scramblers (both automatics) in Mercurm auction....so just had to check them out.

The 84 was restored very nicely, used origional guages etc..and had ACME full hardtop.

V3Jeep Shop had their cards inside, so guess they restored.

photo106-1.jpg

The 81 .......well paint looked nice...but also like it rolled thru Omnix Ada repro parts section.
Bed floor was wavy so I only took one picture.

photo107-1.jpg

Guess I don't know value of Scramblers at auction.......The 84 brought 23,500 and the 81 an even 20,000.
I was hoping I would be only bidder at classic car auction that even knew what a Scrambler was. :shrug:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Guess I don't know value of Scramblers at auction.......The 84 brought 23,500 and the 81 an even 20,000.
I was hoping I would be only bidder at classic car auction that even knew what a Scrambler was. :shrug:

WOW! If I ever sell my Scrambler, I'm selling it an auction!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I have considered taking a restored CJ-7 to Barret Jackson but the risk is its NO RESERVE....you never know what will happen. I was lucky enough to go to Barret last year while passing through on a work trip, and there was a perfectly restored, original correct 48 CJ-2a with factory options, low miles and all paperwork, easily 20-25K K into it, it only did 11,500. And then subtract commision or ad premium. Then, just a few hours later, a POS CJ-5 fiberglass painted camo with an army theme and fake machine gun, did almost 30K! There is an *** for every seat. ;)

njrcj8

Basic User
City
ft. pierce
State
fl
I was also at the mecum auction in kissimmee and looked at those two scramblers and watched one sell for 20k and looked up the other sale after I left. Nice looking scramblers here in florida usually do well!

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
seriously? arent those about an order of magnitude off? sheesh! PT Barnum was right, $36K+ for a jeep? Mine just went from 12 to 30k