• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Replacement Battery Size

AJM81CJ8

Door Breaker
City
Kalamazoo
State
MI
I'm sure this has been discussed a thousand times, but I can't find any info using the search, SO.....

What size batteries fit in the stock battery tray? Group 55 and 56 batteries seem to be pretty hard to come by and there isn't a large selection available. Also, recommendations on brands/ places to buy are appreciated.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Group 34 is about as big as you can fit (if you haven't already, you will need to remove the spacer bracket from the battery tray)

AJM81CJ8

Door Breaker
City
Kalamazoo
State
MI
Good to know. I've got the battery tray out right now, as I am rebuild/restoring my heater box and fresh air plenum. I was going to strip it and repaint it while I had it out.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Agreed...I put the same Odyssey 34-PC1500T battery in the stock tray on my Scrambler. I had a pair of them in my '13 Rubicon. Amazon also sells them. Since the Scrambler sometimes sits for a month or two, I keep the battery charged with a 100-watt, 2' x 4' solar panel.