• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Replacement body mounts (not a BL)?

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
Hey guys,

I just did a search for "body mount", but turned up a TON of non-relevant threads. Who makes a replacement Scrambler body mount kit that is not a body lift? I'm looking for a complete kit with all hardware (including sleeves), if possible.

Thanks,
Craig

kohldad

SOA Member
City
Goose Creek
State
SC
Since you want stock for some strange reason, :rolleyes: , I would check with the dealer. For odd ball parts, I have had good luck at reasonable prices once I get my club discount.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Jeepdoc.com?

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
kohldad said:
Since you want stock for some strange reason, :rolleyes:...

Normally, a 1" BL wouldn't be a big deal to me. However, because I'll be running a TF-727 auto transmission behind the SD-33 diesel, and will need to lift the Scrambler 3-4" to clear the front driveshaft, I want to minimize the overall lift since I only want to run 33-34" tires at the max.

kohldad said:

Good link...thanks Eric.

John N said:
Jeepdoc.com?

I looked there prior to posting this, but didn't see any complete kits w/sleeves, bolts, etc. (unless I overlooked them somehow).

Thanks guys!
Craig

BOBCAT

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Louisville
State
Ky
Stock Mounts

Craig,

I don't think anyone makes a complete kit. I have found several kits on ebay but they don't include bolts and washers. I have looked at several other places and come up with the same thing. You'll have to piece together a kit of your own (rubber mounts, washers, bolts.):mad:

Don

84jeepscrambler

84 Scrambler 68 Mustang
City
Kutztown
State
PA
Energy suspension (poly) I could only get the red color.... Looks kinda weird with my black POR 15 underneath... But stock is what I am going for...

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
BOBCAT said:
Craig,
I don't think anyone makes a complete kit.

Buying the bolts separately isn't a major deal; it would just be easier buying it all as a kit. I'm surprised there isn't one out there.

84jeepscrambler said:
Energy suspension (poly) I could only get the red color.... Looks kinda weird with my black POR 15 underneath... But stock is what I am going for...

I'm also surprised they don't offer it in black. I know Energy offers most of their stuff in red or black. You'd think people would select black by default, actually. EDIT: CLICK HERE for the Energy Suspension Scrambler kit in black (minus the bolts)...the black doesn't show the crush sleeves, though???

Craig

Last edited:

BOBCAT

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Louisville
State
Ky
Craig,
The sleeves are made in them, if you look close you can barely see them. The instructions say to reuse oem bolts and washers. These are usually the worst part of the oem mounts.

Don

sanderson9

Scrambler Virgin
City
Coral Gables
State
FL
1x1_Speed_Craig said:
Buying the bolts separately isn't a major deal; it would just be easier buying it all as a kit. I'm surprised there isn't one out there.
Craig

My guess is that they don't want the liability on the parts most likely to fail. (attoney disclosure completed ;) ).

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
Another option, I can drive up, you can help me put on my Energy Suspensions kit, and you can have my old "OEM" set:D

MyownScrambler

Basic User
City
Knoxville
State
TN
I bought a kit for my previous CJ5 from Prothane in black. That has been a few years ago. I will be needing a kit for my CJ8 shortly and want black also. Not crazy about red bushings.

Bill

Bill Henry

Billtoolman
City
Dyersburg
State
Tn
bushings

I got mine from a place in Tenn. they are stock no lift. $ 79.95 phone 731-926-1004.

txsbill

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
chop saw....

Buy the 1" set and cut them off of stock height...Of course that's my low-tech redneckish solution....

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
txsbill said:
Buy the 1" set and cut them off of stock height...Of course that's my low-tech redneckish solution....

I didn't notice the author on this and when I read it I thought it was scott anderson ;)

I was mad that i couldn't find any in yellow, I wanted that extra 15 HP!!! :rotfl: