Request: Pics of under the hood fender bracket setup

jmarkel

Scrambled for Life
City
Fairfax Station
State
VA
Hi all. I'm struggling with completing my build. This is my first ever complete vehicle rebuild (i've built dozens of motorcycles, but not jeeps) and this project has been going on for a long time that I don't even remember how some of it goes back together. Hopefully someone can chime in to assist a bit. The whole drive train is rebuilt frame off. The body is on. but small stuff is really aggrevating me at this point.

So, first of probably a few threads, would be to help me solve the fender brackets and battery tray mounting. Can someone post up some pictures of how this is supposed to be done under the hood? Can someone ID the 6 brackets in my picture and tell me which ones go on the battery side vs other side and so forth. I have wasted so much time on just this particular item, that I want to start throwing things.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I'm glad you posted this - I've got four of them in a box with no idea where to put them :) There aren't really any good photos on the internet to use as a reference, so hopefully someone can get some for us!

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Westport
State
MA
Here are some pictures of my 81 tear down...Maybe this helps.

Drivers side- Looking at the Firewall. Appears there is only two bars here.
IMG_1314.jpg

Passengers side- Looking at the Firewall (multiple pictures). This ones always confusing because some go the the battery tray and there are two held under the same stud on the firewall.
IMG_1323.jpg IMG_1326.jpg
IMG_1325.jpg

Mancunian

Lifetime Member
LIFETIME
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
Start with the 2 longest ones - these are symmetric opposites.
Then 2 others - also symmetric opposites.
All these go on the fenders, The other 2 are for the battery tray.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
This is a right of passage for CJ builds... I had a thread just like this 7 years ago!!

City
auburn
State
ca
The pictures are correct.

My Jeep was missing both on the drivers side. I installed one and adjusted the fender correctly to fit the rocker better. One of mine has stripped hardware and holes so I left it off and so far so good.