• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rickard bumpers

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Anybody have any info or pictures of a Rickard CJ front bumper. I think a bumper I may use might be one. Google search results in nothing helpful. Old company that made some beefy bumpers back in the 80's maybe.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
uploadfromtaptalk1425000753669.jpeg uploadfromtaptalk1425002353766.jpeg
These are some pics of the bumper. It was sand blasted and then primed and hammerited which started peeling almost immediately after it was painted years ago.
I think I posted about this bumper years ago also with little results so I thought I would try again.
Bumper has 2 lockable storage boxes built in, a winch mount, tow hooks and a tow bar that attaches to it and secures up vertically out of the way when driving. It is a pretty cool setup IMO.

Last edited:

KX6D

They were made by Paul Rickard in Placentia, CA. I owned one and it was a fantastic bumper. I still have pictures of his original literature. Paul died of cancer many years ago.
Rickard Bumper.JPG

Cmath

Scrambler Enthusiast
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
That's a pretty cool setup. I like the idea of extra storage . Send it off to the powder coater.

bas157

Legacy Registered User
135 pounds of beef according to an email from the guy I bought it from back in 2001. Less if the towbar isn't installed
Paid a staggering $72 for it. Shipping was more than that ($150 total including shipping)

Love this see pics. I just bought one for $200 but frame mounts cut off. From mid eighties Chevy. Looks just like the white one above. Let’s see that literature