Rough ride

trooper632

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
sabinal
State
TX
I guess the only way to get my original stock comfortable ride back is to put original stock springs back on the Scrambler and go with a body lift. When I bought it it had the stock springs and a 3 inch body lift, I put the Rough Country 4 inch spring lift on it but its just to uncomfortable to ride in off the highway. Should i have the original springs rearched before they go back in or just buy new OEM springs.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Rough country has a reputation for being exactly that. I've never had the benefit of anything other, so I'm excited to feel the change that Rubicon express brings.

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLD 8
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
I really like the ride of my Rubicon Express springs over the Superlift springs that they replaced.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
You can get a good ride from lifted springs but Rough Country are a bad choice. I have the older Warn Black Diamond springs and they are amazing. Dont forget shocks play a factor as well and selection is critical for a smooth highway ride. A gas shock will net a good feel.

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
BDS 4in lift over here, great ride with the included BDS gas shocks. What I believe may have helped my ride out was the replacement of the stock shackles with some M.O.R.E greasable shackles