Rubicon - September 2017

gpassida

Basic User
City
Redding
State
Ca
We had a small group do the Rubicon last September. I don't have any pics but Mark B from Reno joined us with his Scrambler at Rubicon Springs. It was much tougher due to alternating snow, rain and hail on our first day. Cold tires don't like to stick to wet, cold rocks! We made it all the way from Loon Lake to the Springs on the first day. Had the YJ in our group roll after lunch. He was okay due to a strong cage he just had installed.

20170921_083607.jpg 20170921_083705.jpg 20170921_110516.jpg 20170921_114623.jpg 20170924_123803.jpg IMG_7688.JPG Video Snip 03.JPG Video Snip 06.JPG

Attachments

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Cool! We are going with our local club in July. Will be about 25 rigs.

gpassida

Basic User
City
Redding
State
Ca
Cool! We are going with our local club in July. Will be about 25 rigs.
Have you or anyone in your club done it before? How many Scramblers will be in the group? I'll be backpacking on the Tahoe Rim Trail with about 20 Boy Scouts on July 14-25.

IAFFCJ

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
VA
Looks like it was a great time. This is a bucket list trip for sure. With it being entirely on the other side of the country I am thinking it might get put into my retirement wheel across the country trip. 11 years to plan. Not that I'm counting :P

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Have you or anyone in your club done it before? How many Scramblers will be in the group? I'll be backpacking on the Tahoe Rim Trail with about 20 Boy Scouts on July 14-25.
I do not believe anyone has run it before. Probably be 5 or 6 Scramblers.
A group of 10 or so very capable rigs plan to run from Tahoe side to Loon area on July 16.
The rest of the club members will run around the mountain and meet us in the Loon area, the morning of July 17.
We will take the 17th and 18th to run back across.

July 20th a small group will hit Fordyce.